004

→ JHS / 07:37

jimin was running late.

hoseok sighed, sitting in a small glass table with chairs for two, sitting there quietly with his phone in hand. he restlessly tapped his fingertips against the table, his eyes darting back and forth between strangers, hoping to find sight of jimin.

it was then, when he could see jimin's body squeezing through and breaking a line in front of the counter. hoseok smiled, waving him over as jimin caught his eyes. jimin smiled back, pulling through and making his way to the table.

"sorry i'm late," jimin laughed, scratching the back of his head. "i fell asleep for a few minutes after we texted."

"don't worry, it was only for a few minutes, it's not that big of a deal."

"okay, that's great, then. why didn't you get anything to eat before me?"

hoseok shrugged. "what's the point in getting any food if i'm going to start it alone? i knew you wouldn't be that late, so i decided to wait. you're welcome."

jimin gave a slightly breathless laugh, a clear indicator that he indeed had rushed here. "alright. it's on me, then. i'll pay. know what you want?"

"i'm feeling a hot green tea latte and a panini. i don't even know if those two go well together, but i just feel like eating them. honestly, i feel like eating in general. i always do."

"gotcha. i'll be back."

as jimin smiled and got into line, hoseok was left staring at the back of the opposing chair again. he felt slightly drowsy, as he had been up since three and hadn't gotten sleep after that. he had only slept for about an hour, and that day was his 'catch-up-on-sleep' day. he sighed, putting his head down to rest for a moment, burying his head in his arms. he then closed his slightly dry eyes to alleviate the heaviness he felt.

behind the back of his eyes, all he could see was black, then it slowly transitioned into a white canvas. it felt nice, resting his eyes and all. after all, he was hoping not to have dreams from tonight and on forth, as he feared having such a nightmare again.

he could feel that he was slowly losing consciousness of reality, being sucked back into a state of slumber; he couldn't do much about it, as he was too tired to force himself awake.

hoseok knew that he wasn't usually supposed to have a dream until he was asleep for about sixty to ninety minutes or so, but when he was very tired, it seemed to come to him faster than normal. he didn't fight against it, though, as he welcomed it with open arms; he wanted to relieve the tiredness he felt, and that was all.

the white canvas was suddenly painted in different shades of beige. hoseok was aware that he was dreaming. definitely.

he heard jimin's voice echo in his head, to the point where it almost hurt him, but he couldn't figure out what he was exactly saying. the sounds felt like colors blurring together, having an indefinite and organic shape to the point where he couldn't recognize his diction. hoseok frowned, trying to get a hold of what he was saying.

what was even more distracting was the flashes of red and green and occasionally yellow, also coated with a tinge of black and white. the colors flew past him consistently, tiring out his eyes, even though he was dreaming.

from the tone in his voice, it sounded urgent. it sounded like... it sounded like a call for help. but for what?

he also sounded like he was crying, but he couldn't tell. he couldn't tell between the mixes of different voices clouding his brain and his eardrums.

"wake up!"

the jimin whisper-yelled into hoseok's ear, causing him to snap back again into reality. hoseok rubbed his eyes, straightening his back as he looked at jimin's eyes in a daze.

"how long was i out?"

jimin glanced at his watch. "if you fell asleep right when i got in the line, then around ten minutes."

"ah, sorry," hoseok gently slapped both of his cheeks with his palms simultaneously in hopes to wake himself up. maybe the dream was just jimin telling hoseok to wake up. that was all. hopefully.

"anyways, here's your green tea latte and a panini. i didn't know what kind you wanted, so i just ordered the 'original' or whatever the name entails. i got myself a mocha frappuccino and a three bagels. feeling a little hungry—take some if you want."

as jimin opened his cream cheese, hoseok took a bite out of his panini, staring blankly at jimin's face. the vision that went through his mind seconds before waking up seemed to bother hoseok a bit—of course, how could it not? he heard one of his closest friends desperately calling for help; of course he couldn't be fine. even if it was still a dream, he still felt bothered that his brain would work up such an imagination.

"does it taste bad?" jimin queried, but hoseok shook his head 'no' right away.

"n-no, it's not the panini."

jimin frowned. "do you want a bagel, then?"

"no, i'm fine. it's not food related," hoseok laughed nervously. "just something."

"ooh, what is it?" jimin smiled, his eyes turning into perfectly shaped crescents. hoseok sighed, wondering what had upset him so much to the point where jimin was at the verge of breaking down, yelling for help in his dream. hoseok shrugged it off—they were just nightmares.

"some dream i had just now, which is completely weird since you don't go into your REM stage until—"

"ah, the nerd is talking again. forget that i ever asked," jimin laughed, adding his sarcastic remark, "let's talk about something else. any girls in your life yet?"

"what if i told you i liked boys?" hoseok retorted, but his smile immediately fell. "no, jimin, don't look at me like that, i was only joking. i swear on it. i like girls. girls. girls, girls, and only girls. n-no, don't make that face, i feel uncomfortable—"

the rest of the morning and early afternoon was well spent with coffee and shared laughter.

[a/n] : evilly laughing because you know this will be the only time they will be happy in this book,, actually idk haha ;; anyways here is lowkey jihope and yeet bye