007

→ JHS / 09:36 

HOSEOK : i'm here, i'm here! [ rushes inside the dance studio, his backpack slapping against his back as he runs inside ] sorry i'm a bit late. i overslept today, so i missed the bus i usually take. sorry about that, everyone!

JIMIN : [ smiles and waves from the other side of the room, where he stands with the other choreographers ] oh! hoseok, good morning! [ smile falls from his face as HOSEOK walks closer ] hey... you look so pale today. are you alright?

HOSEOK : i... um, i'm fine. [ gives JIMIN an assuring smile, speaking somewhat breathlessly ] it's no big deal. it's probably because i hurried on the way here.

JIMIN : if you say so. [ stretches out his arms ] you're not too late. your classes don't start until ten. we didn't really discuss much during the morning meeting, either. we just talked about schedules for today. [ shrugs ] i'd say today is a pretty good day to be late on.

HOSEOK : [ unzips his backpack, rummaging through it ] yeah, i know, but i like to get prepped a bit earlier than that! you, of all people, should know that. [ drops his backpack on the ground and sighs ] fuck. i left my favorite water bottle at home.

JIMIN : hopefully you didn't forget your routine at home. [ laughs ] why aren't you laughing? that was funny. just buy a water bottle from the vending machine in the lobby, you dink. the world isn't over.

HOSEOK : ugh, sure. whatever. i'll do that, i guess. i'm gonna head over to my dance room and get started with the routine for today. [ picks up his backpack and slings it over his shoulder ] see you.

JIMIN : wait! my room is on the way to yours. [ hurriedly grabs his own drawstring bag and walks alongside HOSEOK ] wanna grab lunch somewhere for break? on my way here, i saw that a new pasta place opened up nearby. let's go there. it looks promising.

HOSEOK : pasta for lunch? [ chuckles ] jimin, i think you're forgetting that we have classes after lunch too.

JIMIN : it can't hurt! c'mon. i know you take classes in the evening today, so i know you're not free. please! i'll pay.

HOSEOK : ugh. fine. [ smiles ] i'm going to order the most expensive one on the menu. i hope your wallet is okay with that.

JIMIN : [ feigns surprise ] you wouldn't. [ laughs ] whatever. i don't care.

HOSEOK : yeah, yeah. [ stops at the front of JIMIN'S glass door, with is labeled with PARK JIMIN, and under his name in smaller words, INSTRUCTOR: BALLET/CONTEMPORARY. ] here you are. go inside and start stretching.

JIMIN : [ opens his door, turning on the lights ] i should. the first class i have today are the young ones. i really can't handle them this early in the morning. [ laughs ] see you.

[ HOSEOK waves 'bye' to JIMIN before walking to his own dance room. his door is labeled JUNG HOSEOK, and under his name in smaller words, INSTRUCTOR: HIP-HOP. he sighs before walking in his room, flicking the light switch on. ]

HOSEOK : o-oh my god! [ nearly falls back in surprise when he sees someone else in his room ] eunbi, what the hell? what the hell are you doing in my room?

EUNBI : you were running late, so i decided to give you a little scare, that's what. [ playfully pushes HOSEOK on the shoulder ] you took your sweet time coming here, so i'm late to prep for my upcoming classes.

HOSEOK : hey, that's not my fault. [ sets his backpack down, pulling out a binder ] go away. i have to run through this routine really quickly. you have your own dance room since you're a choreographer now. it feels kinda weird since you were my student from a few years ago. [ pauses, then shakes his head ] god, it's still weird.

EUNBI : i've worked so hard for this, and you know it. [ glances at HOSEOK'S face ] you have dark circles under your eyes. have you been getting enough sleep? you look so tired. you're definitely in no condition to teach classes today.

HOSEOK : i'm fine. i'm just a bit tired. i've been getting less sleep than i was before. it's just college, you know. [ shrugs ]

EUNBI : sure, sure. whatever. i'll see you later, then. [ walks out of his room, closing the door behind her ]

HOSEOK : [ sighs, murmuring to himself as he opens his binder, reviewing his choreography ] this is getting harder to hide... it's definitely showing physical signs now. i should definitely tell someone... but who? yoongi thought i was joking and laughed at me before hanging up, and i... [ sighs again, massaging his temple ] maybe i'll bring it up when i'm with jimin. he'll believe me, right...?

···

[ a / n ]
this is such a filler but i wanted to introduce characters/stuff about them a bit slower in the start! also, thank you so much again to those who stayed after over a year—i greatly appreciate it!