twenty-four

im so lazy y'all who wants to update for me??

//

Eli- 

Getting ready for our date, I noticed my familiar prescription of medication sitting on my bathroom counter.  She could've told me and she should've let me help.  He has no right to get a part in my life.  I should get a saying in that, not him.  I won't ever call him my father.  I'll call him by his scumbag name, which also happens to be my real name: James.  

Don't you wonder why I hate being called that?  It's like every time I hear that name I cringe.  Lil used to have a bad habit of calling me that just to piss me off, but one day she finally got the hint that it needed to stop.  

What I hate the most is when teachers do it.  I always tell them that I go by Eli, but teachers have to memorize so many names every school year, so they end up calling me James the whole year.  However, there are some teachers that remember.  What I also hate is when mom uses it.  She knows how much it pisses me off when she calls me by that disgrace of a name.  

If I see him anytime soon, or if he tries to swoop back into our lives again, I don't know what I'll do.  I know for a fact that my temper will be long gone.  I'll more than likely have to visit therapy again, but it would be worth it to kick his sorry and wasted ass.  

I've got no fucking idea why, but I am nervous as hell.  Is it what I have planned?  Will she like what we're doing?  What if she thinks it's lame and all that shit?  I start to pick up my leather jacket, but quickly put it back.  I need to impress her tonight, not show her how typical I always am.  

I start the normal drive over to her house, but make a quick stop at a flower shop.  I look around for a bit, not really knowing what bouquet of flowers to get her.  I almost went with the cliche roses again, but I stopped in my tracks when I saw the flowers in front of me: Lilies. 

Oh my god, I'm such a fucking amazing guy.  She's going to love this shit.  Lillian Walters, prepare to be wooed by yours truly, Eli Remmington. 

//

Lillian- 

I slowly descended from the stairs, trying not to trip over my feet like I did on my first date, with err, Garrett.  Tragic times calls for tragic dates.  Am I really nervous for this?  I can't be.  This is like a normal night out with my best friend, but this time it's called something totally different: Date.  Not only that, but it means so much more than a night out.  

I jump out of my thoughts when I hear my dad telling yet another amazing story from my childhood.  I hop the rest of the two steps left and run into the living room. 

"Dad, not that story!" I yell, not making it in time.  In fact, I walk in on the best timing that's possible. 

"And I was like, Lily you can't just take off your shirt and run towards the ocean, you're nearly naked!" He laughed, taking another swig of the beer he had.  I heard the familiar and contagious laugh that belonged to Eli, which made me roll my eyes. 

Fucking suck up. 

"You kids have fun now, and remember-" 

I shoot a quick and harsh glare towards my dad because I know what's about to come out of his mouth.  He immediately understands my glare and fixes up his sentence. 

"-and be back by eleven." He said before walking away.  My mother watched us leave in awe and I could've sworn she was humming some sort of love song my Elton John.  

We walked out of the door and towards the car I've rode in dozens of times.  I felt him pull on my arm and stop me.  I turn to look at him and I'm immediately caught into the trance that his blue eyes bring on me.  I smile instantly when he shows me the flowers.  I graciously thank him and laugh at the fact that he got me lilies.  He knew I would love this. 

"You look beautiful, by the way.." He trailed off, starting the ignition. 

I dropped my head, drowning in blush.  "Thank you.  You clean up nice, Eli." I smile. 

It's going to be a good night, I think to myself.  "So, where are we going?" 

"On the agenda, we will be attending a nice dinner.  After dinner, we're going to change into our comfy clothes and we're going to one of my favorite places ever." 

//

"Your favorite place is a nursing home?" I asked, watching him wearily. 

"You bet your ass it is." He clapped, opening my door for me.  

We had a great dinner at one of the most expensive restaurants in the whole town.  He made reservations ahead of time and I told him it was too much and I could pay for my own meal, but he said that was nonsense.  He told me how tight money was for his family right now, and it truly hurt my heart to hear it.  Years ago, we used to have terrible money struggles after I was diagnosed, but we slowly came out of it, so I know what he's going through. 

"This was a part of my therapy, as crazy as it sounds.  I thought it was the stupidest thing I've ever heard, but I grew to learn how amazing this is.  Just wait, you'll see what I mean, Lily-pad." 

I smiled and laughed, waiting to walk into the nursing home.  I watched him greet all of the workers and he did it with ease.  I wonder how long he's been doing this.  He led me back to all of the separate rooms with all of the patients up until the very last door. He knocked on the door and slowly let himself in.  I didn't know whether he wanted me to come, so I stayed in my spot behind the doorway. 

"Are you coming?" He asked, smiling at the same time.  I noticed the happiness in his eyes which immediately brought myself to move into the room with him.  

"Hey there Mr. Warren, how are you doing this evening?" 

I watched him in awe sit back and talk to the man with ease.  It was a truly amazing thing.  I smiled when he patted down on the chair next to him for me to sit down.  I sat down and smiled at the elderly man in front of me. 

"Mr. Warren, this is my close friend, Lillian." 

"You're such a beautiful young lady!  Eli here has been talking about you every day he has came to visit me.  You're an unbelievably strong girl." 

I smiled and talked to him, but my eyebrows slowly creased with confusion.  I was looking straight into Mr. Warren's eyes and he was talking directly to me, but he was looking right past me.  It was like he was talking to me, but not looking at me.  

Wait.. 

"Lillian, Mr. Warren here is the man that held the number one spot for the eye transplant.  He heard about your story and was completely mesmerized.  He let you in front of him so that you could get your eyesight back." 

//

there:) idk sometimes i feel like this story is slow and dull.. is it? 

read, comment, vote 

stay strong, rae