Chapter 007

It was a persistent, distant sound that roused Skylar from her slumber. She groaned, body still hazy from sleep as she craned her head up. Her neck was stiff and her back ached as her bleary, sleep filled eyes searched the room for the source of the noise. It was in that moment she realized that she wasn't in her room, in her bed and she noticed the warmth radiating from her lap along with pressure.

Glancing down, her heart squeezed in her chest at the sight of Harry on his belly with his face nuzzled into her thighs. She sighed, pushing the hair in his face away to study his clean shaven features. He was a beautiful man with lashes so long they rested against his cheeks that were slightly pink from his slumber. His lips were parted and pouted, a unique shade of cranberry pink, as quiet snores slipped past them.

It was the most relaxed she'd seen him since she first stumbled upon him that blustery night in February. He hummed sleepily as her nails lightly scratched at his scalp, the arm that was thrown over her legs tightened around them before he settled again. She carefully slipped from his grasp, padding across the room and stepping out the door with one final glance at his sleeping form.

Once she'd slipped back out of Harry's room and into the bathroom, she brushed her hair and teeth and put on deodorant. A few moments later, she padded down into her bedroom and silenced her alarm, beginning to rifle through her closet and dresser for her eight o'clock lecture on surgical animal anatomy.

She dressed casually in a loose cream colored top with a picture of the San Fansisco bridge on it, pairing it easily with a pair of dark wash skinny jeans and her black vans. She rummaged around collecting her clothes for work and stuffing them into her bag along with her pens, markers, laptop, and books.

With a satisfied huff, she shouldered her bag and stepped out of her room. She hesitated for a moment before taking a long stride across the hall to Harry's room, cracking the door to check on him one last time. He was still sleeping peacefully so she shut the door and headed out, grabbing her work shoes as she passed the door.

It was a thirty minute drive to the uni as she parked her car and gathered her belongings to begin the long trek to the Hobday Building for her nine o'clock lecture. The walk always felt long to Skylar as she trudged along, slipping into the building ten minutes later. Her lecture was at the end of the hall, the last door on the right. Veterinary Ethics. It was a two hour lecture and she sighed deeply at the thought as she pushed the door open.

She quickly glanced around the room, noting only a handful of people had arrived and we're seated along the rows. Her gaze narrowed in on the girl sat in the very first row, in the middle. Amara was loud and outdpoken. She was short and thin with tawny beige skin and bright hazel eyes. Skylar always particularly admired her features. Heart shaped face with large, full lips and legs for days. Men dropped to their knees with her every beck and call.

She excitedly waved Skylar over, the taller girl not wasting a second before sliding into the desk beside her. She shot Skylar a large grin. She sat her bag next to her and began pulling out the things she would need for the lecture, purposefully ignoring the girl next to her.

"You look awful. Did you not get enough rest last night?" Amara asked, a look of concern settling across her beautiful features.

Skylar studied her intently, shaking her head. She slept, but her entire body was sore and achy from how she'd slept.

"It was that guy you've got staying with you. Are you sleeping with him? I knew it wouldn't take long. He was hot." Amara said, a giggle slipping past her full lips.

"No, I took Harry something to eat after my shift at the office and then loaded up to head to the library to study. He was passed out in bed when I got in at four this morning." Skylar replied, the lie slipping past her lips easily.