Chapter 1: Back at the temple

Jasper had been searching for Obsidian for an entire year, but she hadn't found her. The warrior had returned to the temple, but didn't want to see the Crystal Gems yet. She was walking on the beach, thinking about all the good times she and Obsidian had. She wasn't paying attention to where she was walking. She wasn't paying attention to anything. She had been like that for one year now. She was trying to live on, but she just couldn't do it without the other Gem.
Suddenly, her thoughts were interrupted by a human bumping into her. She looked down at them.
"Help..." they whispered and crawled behind Jasper.
The warrior then heard a male's voice: "Hey! You! Leave her alone, she's mine!"
Jasper looked at him. "What do you want with her?" she asked.
"It isn't your business! Give her to me"
"No" she picked the human up, but then she heard the guy running to her. She put the human down and simply punched the male in his face. She heared a cracking noise, but didn't care. She then picked him up and threw him away. He crashed through the window of the Big Donut shop and didn't move anymore.
Jasper looked at her fist. It was covered in blood. She walked away. She really didn't care about anything or anybody but Obsidian anymore.

At the temple...

Steven was sitting on his bed, playing a game. He wasn't really trying to beat it, he just needed something to distract his thoughts. Since Obsidian was gone, nobody was really happy anymore. She had left a bigger empty space then everyone would admit. Especially Jasper was depressed. She hadn't smiled once since Obsidian had disappeared.
Suddenly, the Warp Pad activated.
Steven stood up and walked down. "Hey guys" he said.
"Hi Steven" Amethyst said.
"Did you capture the monster?" he asked, not because he was really interested, but just because he always asked.
"We did" Garnet said, also not sounding too happy. "Has Jasper returned yet?"
"Nope"
"I see..."
Pearl suddenly pointed at the door. The shape of a tall, masculine woman could be seen.
"Jasper's back" Steven said and he opened the door.
"Hey Steven" she said.
"Hey Jasper" he answered, examining her. "Wait... Is that blood on your hand?!"
She looked at her hand. "I guess so..."
"How... How did it get there?!"
"I punched a guy"
"Is he still alive?!"
"Don't know, don't care" she walked in and sat down on the couch.
"Well, I'm going to check on him! Where is he?"
"In the Big Donut maby? I didn't really look where he flew"
Steven ran away.
"Any luck?" Pearl asked, to be polite.
"What do you think?"
"I think you didn't find her yet"
"True"
An akward silence spread through the room. It was almost like nobody was there.
The Gems went to their rooms one by one. Amethyst looked at Jasper, pity in her eyes as she walked in her room.

Then, Jasper stood up. "That human..." she whispered. "The female I saved had a necklace with a black gem in it. I need to find her!" she called oud and ran to the door, suddenly full of energy again.
She sprinted to the place where she left the human, but she was already gone.
Jasper cursed softly. She'd never find the human again. She'd never find Obsidian again. She might as well go back to Homeworld, since she didn't have anything to do here anymore. The only reason she stayed at all, was because of Obsidian, but she was gone, and so was Jasper's everything. She'd go back without telling anyone. She was able to build a spaceship, just big enough for herself. She didn't need to take anyone else.