Chapter 12

Joeli's P.O.V

It was over as quickly as it begun.

"I can't do this." I said beginning to stand up. I'm scared of how this will end.

"Stop!" He grabbed my hand to stop me from walking away, "Don't say that Jo." I cringed. Whether we stay friends or become more that nickname needs to stop.

"Why do you cringe every time I call you Jo?" He asked. Tears filled my eyes. The memory of him will never leave.

"It brings back bad, bad memories." I whispered and looked away. He moved so he was looking me in the eyes.

"Come on little JJ. No more secrets. I can help you, help you forget those memories. But you have to let me in."

"If I tell you, you can't broadcast it to everyone, you can't use it against me, no questions are to be asked and please don't bring him up with every chance you have." I warned to which he nodded.

And so that was how I told him about Brody. Every little detail of how we met, how he treated me and why I hate that dreadful nickname. I told him vaguely of the night and how he talked me into sleeping with him, I've never told anyone else that because it's not something I'd like to share with my brother because they were angry enough as it was. And lastly I told him about when I found out and how I reacted. In the times I cried he hugged me and comforted me. Not once did he interrupt or rush me into telling him more he just listened to me without getting angry which was nice for a change.

"If I'd have known I would never have called you that. And for what's it's worth, I'm sorry you had to go through that. How can he think that's okay?" He was sat shaking his head, "If I was around then, then he wouldn't be living right now." His knee was bouncing.

"Like I said, he's not around anymore. I don't see any of them anymore. Online schooling is a blessing. Plus I'm not going to let him take control of my life anymore." I laughed lightly.

We were silent for a couple of minutes.

"I wouldn't treat you like that." He spoke.

"What?" I asked.

"I would treat you better than he did. I know you're scared, I would be too, but take a chance. Come on a date with me?" He asked. It shocked me but I think I'm ready. I can't let him take over my life, can I?

"Okay." I replied. He turned around to look at me in astonishment.

"Really?" He asked with a smile which I replied with a nod.

"I'll sort something special for you. Don't worry about a thing." Then he turned back to watch the film that was still playing. I copied his actions with a smile on my face. Brody doesn't have control over me and he won't ruin my chances with Grayson.

...

I woke up really confused. I was still in the living room but I was now on my own with a blanket over me. I have no clue what time it is or who's still here.

I left the room and wandered into the kitchen to find my brother on his own.

"Hi." I smiled, the earlier events still fresh in my mind.

"Hey sis. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to go off on him." He apologised.

"Honestly Jack, don't worry about it. But I just thought I'd tell you that I'm going on a date with Grayson." I smiled. Even though the argument happened, he's still my best friend.

"I'm proud of you little JJ!" He smiled, "We go away for tour next week you know?" He said reminding me.

"I'm so excited. Can we go shopping tomorrow, just me and you? I need some new clothes." I asked.

"Of course we can. Seeing as its 3am we should probably sleep." He said surprising me.

"3am already? Today's been an eventful day." I laughed.

"It has hasn't it? But let's not tell Mom and Dad about our little argument. You know we'll get a big lecture about how if being together all the time is too much then you can go back there and I don't want that to happen." He said.

"That's true. We'll keep them out of this one this time." I smiled, much to his delight, "Anyway I'm gonna head to bed." I hugged him and kissed his cheek, "I love you."

"I love you too Little JJ." He said hugging me back.