• Chapter 4 | Cartoons •

Hannah's Point Of View —

The next day rolled in and I walked in Target, hoping to find my dad. When I first walked in, the girl from yesterday, Amanda was the first I spotted. She noticed me right away, giving me a smile and a quick wave as she disappeared back out in the back and inside the staff room.

I turn away and cross my arms.

As if I'd speak to you, I say to Amanda's back once the door shuts behind her and walk around. My father said he worked in the back, but usually as a cashier.

Okay not trying to sound sexist or anything but I thought only girls can be Cashiers and the boys are the ones who usually work in the back. I only thought that because every store I go to such as Walmart and KMart, all the girls are cashiers and all the boys are usually in the back carrying boxes while the girls place the clothes in the hangers and the objects on the shelves.

Well anyways, any body can work wherever and anywhere they want.

I walk to the back of the store to where the CD's are and the Merch are. I flip the poster boards to see the selection of posters they have but there was nothing. "Pokémon, Dragon Ball Z," I sigh once there was no new posters of anything I liked or nothing.

I was hanging out besides the back door, hoping that my dad would walk out since he wasn't in the aisles where the cashiers are usually are so he's probably working in the back.

The door then opens and I look over there to see a figure holding three boxes on top of each other as they walked slowly, trying to watch where they were going as they dropped the box on the floor at the end of the aisle I was in.

I roll my eyes once it revealed to be Amanda who grabbed a pocket knife from her pocket and slashed the box open, placing it on the floor as she opens up the box and begins to place stuff on the shelves.

She noticed I was looking at her so she glanced a look towards me. I quickly turn around and so did she a moment later.

"You into those stuff?" She asks me and I give her a look. More like a confusion look.

"What? What are you talking about?"

"Those cartoon stuff you're standing in front of," she picks the pocket knife to open the next box even though she wasn't finished with the first box yet and waves it towards the poster boards I was standing in front of with a picture of Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler).

Oh. No. She. Didn't.

I fake a laugh. "Yes I'm into those stuff and for you're information, they aren't cartoons."

"Yeah, sure. Whatever. I was just asking," she rips open the third box and placed the knife back into her pocket. "Here," she throws me a plush toy. It lands in front of me but I don't even look at it.

She finished the two boxes and throws them in the back since the door was right besides her. I turn away, not glancing at her or that toy she threw at me as she picked up the last box and walks away. "Well see ya," she walks away.

"We'll see ya," I mock, making a weird face expression and kick the plush toy out of my way to walk away to actually try to find my dad instead of standing in one place. My eyes stop at the plushie as my eyes widen.

"Happy! I am so sorry!" I apologize as I pick up the Happy plushie from the anime 'Fairytail' and pat it, taking the dust off it since my shoes kicked it and I gently place it on the shelf.

I then walk away. I passed the next aisle where I saw Amanda again, talking to herself as if she was mocking someone and placed the objects on the shelf. I raise an eyebrow and continue to walk, wondering what was wrong with her.

"No, I'm alright," I could hear Amanda's voice say. "But thanks for asking, Mr. Vegas."

"Remember, I told you to call me by my first name," another familiar voice tells Amanda and I could hear her laugh nervously.

"Yes, right, David."

I stop once I noticed she was talking to my dad.

"Tell Mason and the others I'll be off early. I have an appointment and I can't miss it," my dad tells her.

"Yes, I'll tell Mason. May I ask what the appointment is for? Are you alright?"

"Nothing to worry about. Just to check my shoulder."

"Oh, alright. Hope it feels okay. Have a nice day," I could hear footsteps approaching so I quickly walk back to the front.

I decided to just go home.

There is no point into going into Target anymore when I see my dad at home.

But there's something on my mind lately...

Am I really going to Target just to see my dad?

***

WHO KNOWS?!!! HELLO I HOPE NONE OF YOU GUYS FORGOT ABOUT ME AND I APOLOGIZE FOR THE LAME UPDATE BUT I TRIED. anyways go follow my other account ; ActuallyMel I made a new story and I'm pretty sure you'll guys love it. + for those of you who read and liked my story on the actuallymel account, "The Gangleader Wants Me," I will be making a sequel! So stay tuned for that.

Anyways I'll be updating soon (sorry if I don't but I know it'll be soon) and enjoy!!

- tdw 💙