Chapter 1: Targon Trouble in Town

Chapter 1

It's 3045, the Targon's have taken over Earth and there is nothing we can do as of now. Even though they are slimy creatures, and that they have poor hygiene, they are the smartest species in the universe. If we can't beat them, no-one can. Lilith and I have been trapped in this abandoned warehouse for almost 2 months. It has been a full year since the Targon's have attacked. I don't know how much longer we can survive with such little food and water. They say there is a planet in the Osteran galaxy called Tentala,they say this is mankind's last hope. Lilith believes with all her heart that this planet exists, and that there are people there, thriving and living. She believes that if we manage to escape the Targon's then we can get to Tentala and live in peace. I, on the other hand, do not believe that there is a "sanctuary planet", it's too unrealistic. We are the only humans that have survived the Targon attack so far, and I don't plan on dying anytime soon. I read in an ancient archive that the Targon's have a survival trait that lets them see in the dark and also lets them see through through walls, and although this trait seems to be their strength, it is also their weakness. You see they are nocturnal, meaning they are most active at night, and so my theory begins at that main point: if we get them in the open in broad daylight, will we be able to destroy them? I don't know for certain but it is worth a try. We head out of the warehouse in search of some food and water, we get to an old supermarket that is hopefully filled with the goods we need. Lilith enters first and says "It's okay Kyle the coast is clear" I advance to the nearest bench to take cover, I don't know why but I have a bad feeling about being in this supermarket, it feels too...abandoned. Now I know that seems logical being that we are the last two humans that I know of, but usually there are Bandarts, they're bandits, taking the shape of a human to trick them, and later, to feed on them. There is only one true way to tell the difference, and that is that there is a blue scale behind each ear of a Bandart and when they shape-shift that blue scale doesn't fade.Usually supermarkets are swarming with them, but this one is different, this one seems, too quiet. I tell Lilith to watch herself as I sense something isn't quite right, she reassures me that she also feels something is 'off'. You see me and her are like Yin and Yang, we have hunted critters and nasty things for almost a full year, and not once have we had any trouble. Lilith turns a corner and walks down one of the isles with knocked over stock that is out of date, I walk around to the frozen section to see if anything is still edible. I call out for Lilith and I hear no reply, I immediately know something is wrong, I rush to the isle where she advanced through and I see her, upside down hanging from the ceiling where a Targon has got hold of her. Fear comes over me as I think that this may be the last time I see Lilith. I don't want to lose her, she is my everything, she is my soul mate, and now I may never see her again...