Chapter 10- I Hung Up.

(CHRIS' POV)

I woke up the next morning naked, lying next to Audri. We had an amazing day yesterday, and I didn't want it to end. I was beginning to have those feelings for her like I used to when we first began dating, but I knew I couldn't take it any further since she was still grieving over Maurice. I really did love her, though.

The sun was brightly shining in the room, and it was quiet aside from the birds chirping outside. Audri was sleeping on my chest and our fingers were intertwined as we held hands. I looked at her resting peacefully as if she was something angelic and admired her beauty. She had caramel-colored skin and almond-shaped brown eyes that were pretty even when she was sleep. Her curly hair was in her face, so I used my other hand to move it to admire her more.

I began thinking over the past few months about how everything flipped upside down in her life, and felt awful that I wasn't there for Maurice like she wanted me to be. I wanted to make up for that, and I was finally getting that second chance. But, I had some bad news to tell her, and I knew she wouldn't want to be with me after she found it out.

She must've felt me move her hair, because she opened her eyes and looked up at me.

"Good morning," I said to her.

"Good morning," she sounded groggy.

"How'd you sleep last night?" I asked.

"Good...because you were with me," she replied and began playing with my fingers that were still locked in hers.

"What should we do today?"

I don't know, maybe—," the ringtone on my phone cut her off.

"Who's that?" Audri asked me as the song kept playing.

"Probably my manager," I said and didn't bother to pick it up.

"Well maybe you should go answer it," she suggested.

"Nah, they'll call back," I replied.

I figured this was the perfect time to tell her the news I had to tell her. We had been going so great for the past few days, and I wanted to stall time, but I knew I couldn't.

"Audri, I have something I have to tell you," I said.

She sat up and stretched, so I sat up too.

"What is it?" she asked.

"Well—," I started.

"Let me guess- you have to leave for a few months for a tour in the US...right?"

I looked at her shocked that she already knew, "How'd you know?"

"I just had a feeling," she said and took a deep breath.

"Are you okay with that?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm not going to stop you from performing for all of your fans-no matter how much I want you to stay with me," she said with a half-smile.

I kissed her forehead, "It's only for a few months. You can come with me if you want."

She shook her head, "No, you can go have fun...I guess I can finally go back to work. I know they've been waiting for me to come back."

"Are you sure you're ready to go back?"

"Yeah. I'm sure."

"Well," I smiled, "We can at least make this last week worth something."

She smiled back and pulled me in for a kiss.

(AUDRIANA'S POV)

I was sad to hear that Chris was going to be leaving me for a few months, but I didn't want to show it. Besides, I needed to go back to work and stop relying on him to provide my only happiness. I loved working, so I knew I would be fine.

Throughout that whole next week, Chris and I had the craziest time together, though. The chemistry between us was stronger than ever and I found myself having sex with him in all different places. First, we went on the roof, then in his hot tub, and then a hotel pool late one night and next thing I knew we were on a beach. I had never had this kind of pleasure before, so it shocked me that I was able to go as long as he was. But, unfortunately that all had to end since he was leaving.

On the last day, we stood at the airport not wanting to say goodbye.

"I love you," he said gazing at me.

I had my arms around his neck while his hands were firmly planted on the bottom of my waist.

"I love you too," I said and kissed him for the tenth time in the last minute.

"I promise, I'll call you every day...twice a day," he said.

I smiled, "Alright."

We kissed again but this time he pulled me in closer to deepen it.

"FLIGHT 4298 TO LOS ANGELES, CA NOW BOARDING AT GATE 37A," the person said on the intercom.

Chris kissed me one more time before I handed him his bag. He walked to the gate, and just like that he was gone and I was back to being alone.

Luckily though, I got my job back within a few days, but even though I thought I would already be feeling better, being alone made me think of Maurice more often and my depression was slowly coming back. Since Chris wasn't there to help me keep my mind off of him anymore, I would find myself crying for Maurice like I used to. I knew I could never forget him, and it hurt me that every day I would be living with the guilt of not protecting him as much as I could have. I thought I could get over it, but nothing could fill that hole in my heart.

Chris called me late one night a few weeks after he left.

"Hey Audri."

"Hey Chris," I had just got done crying for the past two hours.

"Why do you sound like that? What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm fine," I replied and wiped my nose, "How have you been?"

He sighed, "Good...and busy. But, the first few shows were great. I wish you were there with me."

"I wish I was there too," I was lying in bed, and just talking to Chris was already making me feel a little better.

"I miss you so much," he said softly.

I smiled, "I miss you too."

"You should come to the show I'm doing in Atlanta," he suggested.

"When is it?"

"Well, Atlanta is one of the last few shows, so it's gonna be in about three months."

I remembered Chris' manager agreed for him to do an extended tour, so in all, it would be like three and a half months.

"Damn, why do you have to be away for so long?" I said a little upset.

"It's only for a while. Maybe some time apart will be good for us," he said.

"Not if you keep calling me two times a day," I joked.

He laughed, "You're right. I won't call as often anymore."

"I was just kidding," I said.

"I know," he replied, "But, I have to go. My manager wants me to go to this business dinner tonight."

"It's like twelve in the morning!" I said.

"Here in Cali, it's only nine," he chuckled.

"Oh yeah," I replied, "Well I'll talk to you later then."

"Alright, love you."

"Love you too."

"Bye."

I hung up.