The Black Book

The woman's name was Marie.

Besides the fact that she could not, and would not, filter her talking, she was a very kind lady. Her whole life was filled with traveling and transportation, but mostly trains. She was still fascinated with trains and engines, mainly because her husband used to fix train, before he met death while trying to fix a train.

I found it magnificent that the woman was still happy and joyful, even with all of the tragedy in her life.

Unfortunately, Marie got to her stop before me. Her stop was in Brooklyn, New York. She gave me a big, toothy smile before she stepped off, carrying a large purple purse and a cane.

I was going to miss that woman.

I looked around to see only a few people left on the train, mostly adults.

I got up and attempted to walk, failing miserably. My legs were asleep and didn't plan on waking up anytime soon, so I sat back down and repeated my plans for life, just to make sure that they wouldn't leave my mind.

After about an hour of pondering about life, a man with a train crew inform on came in. He informed us that the "big black beauty" would be arriving at our (my) stop.

Allensburg, Pennsylvania.

I looked through my suitcase to insure myself that I had everything when I spotted a black book recasting on the ground a few seats away from me.

No one was around, just me.

I leaned over and picked up the book.It looked like a diary,a leather diary.That must have cost a lot of money.

The train came to a stop, shaking everyone of us.

Two crew men came over and opened the big, bulky door for the few of us to get out. I shoved the book in my jacket and jumped off, silently praying to myself that no one saw me take the black book.

I looked up from my jacket, surprised to see how different this train station looked from the one in my town. Not only was this station bigger, but more crowded. There was no way I could get through this crowd without being trampled.

Everyone had the same look, the men had black top hats and suits, while the women wore expensive dresses tailored just for them.

There were only a few lower class people here, and I looked like one.

I slid into a slim spot in the roaming crowd, making my way across the station. With all of the people walking by, I was stunned that only one person ran into me.

We fell to the newly-polished floor, my suitcase bursting open when hitting the ground.

The man rose to his feet, wiping off his trousers.

"My apologies, ma'am," he muttered. After that he sprinted far away, into the distance.

"How rude! The man isn't even kind enough to help me up. I hope he misses his train."

I managed to find and fit my items back into my case without it being stolen, although I'm sure that none of the rich people here would want my clothes.

I checked inside my jacket, satisfied that the black book was still in its place. I got up, grabbed my case, and ran out of that station as fast as I could.

The rich person smell was starting to bother me.