The Mens' Room

I sprinted for the nearest door. I look around and saw two blue doors next to each other. I looked from one to another, contemplating which door was better.

I heard two men yelling behind me. "Hey! Girl! Get back here now!"

There was no more time to decide which room was better, so I sprinted for the one on the left.

I burst through the door, grateful that it was not locked. I peered around the medium sized room. Oddly, it was covered in white tile.

Then I saw it.

"What are you doing in here? You can't be in here! You are not a man!"

I ran into the stall closest to the corner and slid the lock into place. I was in the men's' restroom. At least they are not as disgusting as the rumors say.

The man kept trying to grab my foot, but failed miserably. My feet were to quick. Eventually, he left.

For ten uncomfortable minutes, I stood against the wall, squirming and moving. I traced around the tiles with my dirty nails. They needed to be cleaned desperately. Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of being squeaky clean.

Finally, after minutes of worrying, I decided that the police-men were gone, although it took way longer to convince myself to actually leave the stall.

I opened the door, and ran out of the restroom, trying to ignore the faces of shocked men.

My feet slowly walked around shoes clicking and clacking against the concrete, while my eyes searched for the men in blue uniforms.

They were nowhere to be seen.

I kept my head down while I was walking, still nervous that the police-men were near me.

I studied my old shoes.

They were made so perfectly, a beautiful design sown into it. But I just had to ruin them.

That's when I heard the framiliar sound of a train.

The whistles blew.

The wheels started to turn.

My train was leaving!