Chapter 3: The Hangout

Dinah Pov

After Ally and I left Waffle House, we headed off to see our grandmother. Which went better than we expected because she was doing a little better than when we had seen her the last time we came to visit her. She told us how she missed us, leading to Ally and I promising to come see her at least twice a week if we weren't too busy.

We had plenty of conversations, asking each other random question and before you knew it visiting hours were over. After hugging and telling our grandmother we loved her, we made are way home. Not soon after our parents called us down to the living room tell us that they needed to talk about something important with us, picking up the seriousness in their voices, Ally and I quickly made are way down to meet our parents.

Taking a seat on one of the couches, I could tell just how nervous my parents actually were. Which let me know that whatever they were about to tell us, was actually more important than the let on. Finally after what felt like forever my mother finally broke the silence, "We're adopting two more kids. How does that sound? Will you guys be okay with it?" My mother asked looking at me then at Ally. Neither one of us answered her question though, I was to shocked myself to even form a sentence to answer right now. Two more siblings, I didn't have a problem with that, in fact I loved the idea of having younger siblings, seeing as I don't have any right now. But before I could say anything Ally beat me to it. "Y-Your adopting more kids?" She asked shock clearly across her face.

"We plan to, that's only if you girls are okay with it though." My father said smiling at both Ally and I. "Daddy, we would love that. I mean me personally I like the idea of have some younger siblings, and Ally wouldn't mind bossing them around," I laughed, "but no seriously guys we would love if you adopted more kids, right Ally?" I asked turning to look at Ally, who simply nodded and said, "I can't wait to meet them, just tell me if ones a boy. We've always talked about having a brother." Ally said smiling at the thought of having a younger brother. What Ally said was true we always talked about having a younger brother, or just having more siblings in general but we didn't think it would actually happen.

"Now that's just something your just going to have to wait and see. It'll be a surprise. And no bossing them around and that goes for the both of you." My mother saids, playfulness in her voice as she said the last sentence. "Can you at least tell us when we do get to meet them?" I asked looking at both of my parents. My mother looked at my father and sighed, "You get to meet them in about a week if everything goes as plan. If you guys have no other questions, then I guess you can go back to doing what you were doing." My mom shrugged before walking out the living room with my father.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Walz, can you believe it. I've always wanted younger siblings to play with. I just can't wait to meet them." I yelled into the phone. When the conversation ended, I ran up to my room as quickly as I could to FaceTime Camila and let her know the news. "I know you've been talking about younger siblings, since we were in middle school, I can't wait to meet them. Maybe when their all settled in my family can come over and spend some time with them as well, seeing as we're practically related." Camila said. "Yea my parent would probably like that, I mean if they haven't already planned it theirselves, you know how are mothers are. Best friends that don't keep anything from each other. Hell Momma Sinu probably knew before me and Ally did." I said. Sinu and my mother had been best friends since the beginning of high school, making Ally, Camila, and I best friends as soon as we were born. If my mother didn't already tell the other women I would be so surprised. " Your right Cheechee. And before I forget. I saw Normani again today, and before you interrupt me, Choie and Lauren was with her as well. I hung out with them for a little while before going back home, we were at the arcade. We didn't play many games though, because Normani and Choie kept losing." Camila said laughing as if she were remembering what happened earlier that day.