Chapter 4

Okay okay~~ I think I'm gonna start uploading more on this story now.

More fun here.. ehehe.. :P

Hope you like it!! ^_^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey John, one Long Island please." Alex muttered.

"Alex? What are you doing here at this time of night?" John asked, surprised to see this young girl whom he'd grown to love like his own daughter.

"Just..... something came up. Could you give me the drink please John. I don't feel like talking much." Alex mumbled, her jaw clenched as she fought to keep her tears to herself.

Sighing deeply, John nodded and passed her the drink she ordered. "Be careful not to drink too much, it's alcoholic" he warned gently as he passed her the glass.

Well, that's the whole point isn't it? Alex thought as she drained her glass in one gulp.

"Another one please." Alex muttered, slamming the glass down, her mind already feeling woozy.

Before John could protest, she silenced him with a raise of her hand. "Just....please John."

Sighing defeatedly, John gave her another one, until she was so drunk she could barely stay in her seat.

She was giggling and laughing right now, at what, John had no idea. She kept muttering and mumbling to herself and then she would burst out laughing.

"Clint, come here." John called out, watching as his nephew got up from behind the piano to walk towards him.

"What is it John?" Clint drawled out in a bored voice.

"You can go for tonight, but could you send this young lady home?" John said, pointing to Alex.

Clint looked over at where his boss was pointing and saw the girl who'd bumped into him a few days ago.

"Ice-cream girl?" Clint wondered to himself. "John did you give her that ice-cream again?" He looked at John accusingly.

Raising his hands in front of him, John shook his head. "Not the ice-cream, but... she's drunk 3 long islands. I didn't want to give it to her, but she seemed so upset that I couldn't refuse." John anded with a sigh. "Just... just send her home will you? I'll stay back and clean up."

Clint rolled his eyes. Sending an angry "why me?" to heaven, he strode towards the giggling woman.

"Come on woman, time to go home."Clint muttered as he tried to pull Alex upright.

"John's wrong, I can go home myself. I don't need anyone." Alex mumbled, pushing Clint's hands away from her.

"Don't tempt me woman." Clint growled. He would very much like to leave this woman to her own demise. But his boss would have his butt tomorrow if he found out, and he needed the pay he got from this job.

Pulling her up forcefully, he put her arms around his shoulders and hoisted her up, his hands hooking under her thighs so she didn't slide down.

"Let me go you idiot! LET.ME.GO!!! Don't make me kick your ass." she shouted, hammering on his back.

"Ouch! That hurts you stupid woman!!!" Clint shouted, trying to grab her hands and prevent her from sliding down at the same time. This annoying woman was stronger than she looked.

He'd only managed to walk out the door of the bar and to a bench at the park opposite the bar. He quickly set her down before rubbing his back. Damn, but this woman was strong. His back was throbbing.

"That'll teach you!!! You stupid man. Stupid man!!! All men are stupid!!!!" She screamed at him, her fist colliding against his chest this time.

"Enough!!!" Clint roared, grabbing hold of her hands and forced her to look into his eyes. "STOP.HITTING.ME!!!! And tell me where you live so I can send you home, you stupid woman."

"I'm not stupid. You're stupid!" She yelled back at him.

Clint faceplamed himself. What was he supposed to do with her??

"Why would you do that to me?" she whimpered suddenly.

Clint froze, and looked up from his palm. The woman had gone from giggly, to fighting and now to crying. Could this day get any worse????

Sighing he walked towards the bench where she'd slumped on.

"What did I do this time?" He asked, sighing in defeat.

"You slept with my friends. After you told me you loved me. You said I was special." She turned to him, her eyes shone with tears and she looked so devastated that Clint felt himself softened towards her.

"Well now, I guess your friends aren't really your friends after all." He told her softly.

She slumped back onto the bench and sniffed quietly. After awhile, just when Clint thought she'd calmed down enough, she nodded.

"You're right. They weren't my friends. Not really. I am stupid after all. I thought I'd finally found people who loved me for who I am. I thought my friends accepted me. I thought Justin loved me. Even though he'd be late or didn't even show up for our dates, even though he gave me this silly excuse of a ring. I loved him. With everything I am, I loved him. And for what? Nothing at all." She whispered her last sentence.

Then she was quiet. So quiet in fact that Clint thought she'd fallen asleep, until she suddenly looked up at him. There was something different in her eyes though. She looked as if, a part of her had died.

"I wish I wasn't born. I wish I had a different life." she half whispered to him, and he felt his heart clench although he couldn't understand why.

She closed her eyes and then she passed out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awww.. poor Alex.. :'(

Vote and comment to tell me what you think? :D

Love you~ <3