Plaza

It felt like days but I finally arrived at the plaza. It was crawling with the zombies. Not a single living soul in sight. I only had about a dozen canned food and I knew they'd last me a week, if I rationed them the right way. I also need weapons and a couple changes of clothes and toiletries. Sighing I drove about a block away and slung my backpack over my shoulder. Locking the door I slid out of the car and onto the ground. Slowly walking down the street I peered around the corner and watched the entrance of the plaza. The plaza was just a connection of stores thrown together with one big entrance and several smaller ones . In other words a mall. Darting to a large garbage can closer to the entrance I waited until the monster closest to the entrance stumbled away.I hurriedly scrambled into the mall. When you first walked into the mall you would hit a large food court. The smell of delicious food could barely be smelled over the smell of decay and the metallic scent of blood.Lots of blood.

Glancing around I saw a sight that made my heart stop. A small pink baby stroller sat upright in a pool of blood not even ten feet from me. The remains of what I'm assuming was their mother sat nearby twisted around the carcass of a zombie. The zombie had a plastic knife sticking out of it's ear. Apparently she died fighting. I made a decision that I knew I would regret for the rest of my life. I approached the quiet stroller. Shouldn't the baby be crying for her mother? Or giggling like a normal child? I asked myself these questions even though I knew why. Stepping over the mangled bodies of the mother and the zombie I peered into the stroller. Boy or girl the figure in the stroller was barely recognized as human. Blood plastered platinum blonde hair to a fair skinned face that may have been considered cherubic, once upon a time but now...it looked more sinister than anything. But the worst part about her or it was their eyes. A bright angelic blue,and they were blinking up at me with a look that can only be described as hunger. With a start I stumbled backwards, almost slipping in the pool of blood in the process. Holding in a scream I watched as the child wiggled and squirmed to get out of her seat.She reached out to me as if asking for a hug and for a second I almost obliged. I slowly stepped away from the zombie child and turned around.

Heading towards a Chinese restaurant I searched for a weapon. There was bound to be some off those giant chief knifes in here somewhere. Going around the counter I spotted about six large knives and two smaller ones I grabbed them went back over the counter feeling slightly guilty about stealing the knives. Walking back over to the child who was still struggling to get out and rip me apart I crouched down in front of her. Looking into her eyes I thrust the smallest knife into her skull, she opened her mouth as if she was going to scream,as the light faded out of her sky blue eyes a flicker of something flashed in them then quickly disappeared as she died. Getting up I hurriedly ran over to a potted plant and dry heaved into it. Although nothing came out I still felt sick,staring into the eyes of a little girl as you killed her. Not exactly an experience I'd ever be able to forget.

Done rolling around in self pity I got up and trudged towards the center of the mall and got to work.