Chapter 2 - Beginning of the Adventure

I woke up and looked down at myself. I was slightly wet, but the willow tree was preventing most of the rain drops from getting to me. I looked at my wrist watch, 4:24 PM, my parents still weren't home yet. They wouldn't be home until around 6 o' clock. I got up and decided to wander around, I love the rain anyway. The sound, the feel, the smell, it's all lovely. So I wandered around for a while and after a few minutes, I hadn't realized 'til now that I was at the back of the gardens. I placed my hand on the shiny, wet stone wall. I let my hand and the wall guide me around the garden, then I finally came upon a sealed door. The stone on it was different than the stone surrounding it.

That was strange...I never remembered this being here.

I scraped my hand around the edges of the door, trying to find a handle. I finally found one, it was a tanish color, making it blend into the stone, and was created with fancy ironwork. It was also pretty thin, that's why it was hard to find. I tugged on the handle, forcing the door to open. The first thing I saw were stone stairs spiraling up.

Were these always here?

Curious, I went up the stairs to see where they lead to. At the top of the stairs were vast lands, full of flowers! I squealed with joy, this is soooo pretty!! I kept following the smooth, stone path. Then something shiny caught my eye, it glinted in the sunlight. I walked over to it and noticed that it was a token with fancy designs on it. This attracted me, so I picked it up.

In the blink of an eye, my surroundings changed. It's hard to explain but I'll describe it as best as I can. Well first of all, the sky was the color of lilac and I could easily tell that it was night right now. There was a purply-blue pond surrounded by willow trees. The willow trees still had their natural colors but at the same time, they had a shade of purple in them. I was sitting in a bed of light purple lilies.

I looked down at myself and noticed that my clothes had changed. I had a fancy dress on, but it wasn't a long dress. It was short, kind of like what ice skaters wear. It was also a dark crimson color. I had on a belt wrapped around my waist, and on my belt was a sheath. I was puzzled, 'Why did I need a sword?' I felt around the back of my hair and it was tied up in a brown, high ponytail. I had red, steampunk like hand gloves on that exposed the tips of my fingers. I also had beautiful boots on, they, of course, were red and had a black lace spiraling up the boot. Lastly, I noticed that something felt odd about my back. I turned my head around and saw that there were gorgeous wings sprouting from the center of my back, in between my shoulders. I gazed in wonder and awe. My wings were transparent, there were thick, black borders and edges between all the varying colors. The colors were very...shiny, but there were more dimensions to them that absolutely bedazzled my mind. Now, the colors. They were like the color of autumn, but they all blended together, sort of like a gradient. It was truly magnificent to stare at.

A hooded figure stepped out behind a willow, catching my attention. As it approached me it said, "Don't worry, this isn't a dream. You're here to save the kingdom."