viii.

you invited me to watch a movie with you. then i (jokingly) asked you if you invited anyone else aside from me. then it turns out i was the only one you invited.

are you aware how much this made me feel?

honestly, it felt like i was going to combust in excitement and melt into a puddle of emotions. (like i'll ever tell you about that.)

you told me you happen to have the same ticket, so you had no choice but to invite someone. i asked why you didn't invite your sister instead, and you told me that i would be the only one to appreciate such sci-fi movies (which is true).

i told you, of course i will go! who am i to deny a good sci-fi movie? it's free after all. you told me, the tickets are free but the food is not.

i asked you if i should dress formal, since it was just the two of us. jokingly, i asked you if it was a date.

i don't know. do you want it to be a date?

if only you knew how much those words affected me, i think you'd take them back. if i were to tell you how happy i was, you'd think i'm a creep. but i didn't care; i was too happy. my heart raced a hundred miles per hour, then stopped all the while. my throat was dry, since i can't help but think about what if i say yes? what if i say that i see it as a date? and i was just trying not to freak out and feel the butterflies but it was getting hard after it was followed by a winky emoji.

and you know that i hate emojis. i was just too absorbed to even notice that.

what i say yes? i typed. then backspace, backspace, backspace until it was gone.

like someone would go on a date with me. enter.

it didn't even take you a second to reply. i would.

and then i screamed.

(honestly, you smooth little shit.)