Hapiness

Nico Di Angelo

We, or I was watching the Games the next afternoon. Dusk in the arena, and they had it back on Percy. Who was awake, and drinking water now. When this thing came floating down to Percy. So he opens it up, reads a note, has a tiny tiny smile. Maybe it was from Annabeth. Then took out something. A watch.

A gods freaking watch.

But I didn't expect it to turn into a shield with scenes starting before I came to Camp Half-Blood, to the Rebellions. Okay, it was from maybe Leo. Tyson.

Then, least expecting of all Percy smiled. He freaking smiled! I mean, who smiles in a place like that?

I guess Percy does.

That afternoon 10 bombs were fired each one after another slowly. Percy killed 3 of them. So 17 were dead. 7 were alive.

Haymitch Abernathy

We watched the Games the next day. The weird thing is that Percy actually freaking smiled. Who smiles in the Hunger Games? I never did.

" Maybe it involves his past," Effie suggested," An antique of some sort or a valuable to him."

Then he turned the watch into a shielf.

" We could've used that in the 50," I said, it was just unfair he was fully guarded," How comes he got it?"

" Someone gave it to him," Cinna suggested.

That day there was 10 deaths. Percy did 3. One of the 7 he didn't do was Issi. Okay, Percy really needs to live. Like, really needs to. They're only 7 more, 6 outside of him.

Percy Jackson

I put on the watch, as a watch. Starting my day was the easy part. Surviving it wasn't as easy. About four people tried to kill me. I stabbed three of them, they died istantly. I gave that first one an injury they might  die of blood loss with it.  The one with the injury reminded me of Ethan Nakamura.  The Luke guy was still alive out of 7 of us. He was good, but I was better. There was water near by, and rabbits. Annoying rabbits. But I kill them to eat them. Something I could hunt in 12 for food. Food in 12. Hmmm, how was Annabeth even doing in 12 right now. Watching me in the Games? Hunting? Maybe even eating? What?

I would know soon enough. When I got out of here. I know I would. Tyson visited. I wonder about the others.

So many questions!

That night, cut up and bruised I had a tiny sip of Nectaur, and one cube of Ambrosia. It tasted so good. Mom's old blue choclate chip cookies fresh from the oven.  It tasted like heavan. I haven't had food in three days. But this was a lot better than Tartarus. By a long shot.

I don't remember falling asleep, but I remember the nightmares of Tartarsu itself. I woke with a panic of the nightmare. Gods, nightmares. I hate them.

By the next day I knew I needed food. Maybe catch a rabbit today. So I set to right between the woods and the beach. Where animals were. And  when I went to shoot a rabbit, I released it, heard it hit something, and heard a bomb go off.

I just killed some one else.

But an arrow went flying, so I ducked, and it missed. But one of the allies, the guy that looked like Luke, came out to come fight me. We started talking.

" There's always another way out," I told the Luke guy," I've learned that."

" No," rge guy told me," God took from me, and gave to them. My arm, my life."

" You think my life is a parade?"/ I asked him, and these memories started pouring into my mind. All three wars, Tartarus, being framed for stealing Zues's Master Bolt, the fear of losing my family when I was 12, going through the Larybrinth, being told I was supposed to die when I was 16.

ANd I had forgotten they were putting this on TV.

" Outside the Hunger Games," the Luke told me," Everyone's was but me. They had families they had to leave. They still had families. Nobody wants them dead. God took from me, and gave to them!"

" My life is no parade," I told the Luke guy," I garentuee you that much."

And he showed me a scar on his back. He had once been beaten. When his partner, who had the same scar came out and showed me hers.

" We were both beaten," she told me," Supposed to be to death, but we escaped."

" So what's your pain?" The Luke guy asked me, turns out his name was Luke. Freaky," Being slapped once as a kid. Bullied? What?"

" Just to start," I told them," I started with a abusive step-father, lost my mother when I was twelve, and had to go tell just to get her. Thousands, millions want me dead. And they have come close to it tons of times. I know what it feels like to be betrayed by one you might call a friends. Almost everyone did it to me. I fought my first was when I was 16."

" First?" Luke asked me.

" I fought 3 wars," I told Luke and his partner Taylor," First one I was just turning 16, then I was turning 17 for my second, and the third was that stupid damn rebellion. And that lasted three years. Three wars, five years."

" Have you ever been told you're supposed to be dead?" Taylor asked me," I have. When I was 25. Only 25 years I thought I was to live."

" Yes I have," I told them," I was supposed to die when I was 16. I'm supposed to be dead. I should be dead."

We became allies, and that night two more bombs went off. Four people left. Us, and one other person. When I looked up it was from 1. A caerrear. The guy named Thick.

So the three of us decided to split up, and sneak up on the guy. Another bomb had gone off. And another one. I was still alive. Who was this last guy?

It was the guy from one, and I swear I reconized him. But I wasn't sure.

" Percy?" Thick asked me, backing into a tree as I held my decoy of Riptide in my hand," You're in here, too?" " I don't know you," I told Thick," Other than where you're from and you're name. Thick, District One."

" It's not Thick," Thick told me, and I was now confused," Name Craig sound familiar?"

Crap. It did. He was a son of Venus. 

Explains why he had no battle stragety what so ever.

" Crap," I said, and lowered Riptide. I can't kill a demigod. I just.  . . I mean I can. But not here. Not in this situation. Not when Craig did nothing to me. He was my friend before, during, and after the Giant War. He liked Greeks. His mother was a Greek demigod who hooked up with a Roman god. When something came floating down. Two things. One for each of us. So I opened mine up. Where a note was.

Just kill him an it will be done.

                                                       - Haymitch, Effie, Cinna

I shook my head when I took out the rifle from the box, and I threw it to the side. If he was going to die, he would have to kill himself. Because there was no way in hell I was to do it.

" SO we agree on not killing each other," Craig told me," But there's one problem. There is nobody else in the arena."

" Just wait until they send a monster or something," I told Craig," It'll happen."

Then a tsumani came, and I guarded as much as I could. I really really did. But when it died down he was gone. Craig was gone.

Wow, winning didn't feel as great as I thought it would.