Angelic Descendancy - Chapter 2

Ok so this is the first time ever that i'm uploading something like this and i would appreciat feedback from my readers. so yeah, let me know when something doesnt make sense or anything else. I can't promise to upload new chapters soon or anything since i'm not really at this all the time. I spend most of my time doing homework or reading. I hope you like this chapter. Thanks :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can’t believe I’m doing this... No, stop it! You deserve a little fun. But my parents… What if they find out? No, no, and no! They won’t find out and you won’t get caught. Stop worrying!

            That was my internal monologue the whole week leading to Friday. Sofia and I were currently leaving my house with my sleepover bag and my mom was waiting to say goodbye to me by the door. I had never felt the need to lie to my parents before and the anxiousness I had been feeling all week hadn’t gotten any easier. Sofia kept telling me over and over, “They don’t suspect a thing. You’ll be fine!” That didn’t help either.

            “Bye, Haven. Behave, ok honey?” Cue the guilt. “I’ll call you on Saturday to check on you in case you need something.” She said as she pulled me in for a tight hug. “Love you.”

            “Love you too mom,” I said as I tried to swallow down the painful guilt. I pulled away and got into Sofia’s truck with my bag in hand.

            We were about to pull out when my mom called out, “Haven, you packed your pain pills right? In case your back hurts too much?”

            “Yes mom. I’ll talk to you later!” I called back as we drove away.

            As soon as we got to Sofia’s house a few blocks away and into her light pink room, I dropped my bag by the door. We hurried over to her mirrored walk-in-closet and got out the outfits we had bought for the party. We had bought them the day after I had asked my parents to stay at Sofia’s for the weekend. After we laid them down on the silver covers of her bed, we took turns showering in her bathroom and then sat in front of her closet door mirrors in our robes to blow dry and straighten our hair. As soon as she saw that I had successfully straightened all of my light brown hair, Sofia, expert in all that is makeup and style, applied a little bit of black eyeliner to my dark blue eyes with a light coat of mascara on my long lashes. Then she gave me the slightly smoky look with some dark grey eyeshadow. She also applied a light blush on my cheekbones and a clear lipgloss on my full pink lips. When she finished, she ordered me to get dressed in her bathroom and made sure to lecture me on the importance of not messing up her “masterpiece”.

            I put on a black halter top that hugged my figure nicely, with a bronze belt around my waist, dark jean shorts, and black gladiator shoes that had bronze studs on them. My only accessories were the short chandelier earrings I wore and the silver necklace, hidden under my top, that I never took off and had ever since I could remember.

When I came back from the bathroom, Sofia was already dressed with her red hair half up and half down, makeup done to give her a natural look that mostly emphasized her hazel eyes, and her outfit that consisted of a tight blue strapless dress shirt, jeans and silver flats that went with her long silver necklace and silver bangles.

            Sofia whistled as I stepped into her room and I gave her a shy smile. “Look at your gorgeous self,” she said grinning. “I have got to take you out more often.”

            “Look who’s talking,” I said rolling my eyes at her.

            As soon as we were ready it was already 7:30 p.m. and time to get going. Sofia looked up the directions on her computer as I got both our phones from her room and waited in her living room by the door. A few minutes later she emerged from her room, directions in hand and we both got into her truck and turned up the radio, pumped for the night ahead.