✶Lacey Laney✶

Putting my hand against my forehead, I sighed. "You seriously did not bring me to Victoria's Secret for a boy I haven't seen in years."

" I did," Jenna said smiling. Walking past various lotions and mists was a breeze, but when we got to the lingerie I nearly buckled over in laughter. Never had shopping for overly priced underwear been one of my hobbies.

"Well have fun with that," I said as I took a few steps back toward the exit. "This is obviously not for me."

Jenna stomped over and dragged me by the wrist. "Now pick one," she demanded. Standing before me was a display of the same floral thong in various shades of the rainbow. A blush took over my face as I threw a fit of laughter. "Jenna, this is too much."

"Well I have the cost cover-"

"I wasn't talking about the cost! I am not buying a thong for a boy! What kind of sense does that make?" Women walked by and gigged which made me assume that I had most likely said that way too loud.

Jenna chuckled. "Because you deserve to feel sexy. Laney, you need to be sociable."

"So an overpriced piece of lace that will barely cover half of my butt is going to make me more sociable? I think not," I said as I sassily crossed my arms over my chest.

Noticing how my bust had pushed up, Jenna's eyes lit up. "Fine. You don't have to get a thong, but you at least have to leave with a push-up bra. Accentuate the girls."

As my mouth fell to the floor, she heaved over laughing. "Woman, I practically have floatation devices attached to my chest! I don't need them pushed up anymore, no thank you."

Shaking my head, she sighed.

"Man, you suck Laney. I'll at least pick up a few lotions then." As she shuffled through the store picking out various items, she took a sheer and sexy negligee and wiggled it in the air in a teasing manner. She mouthed 'For you,' which was then accompanied by a giggle.

"Not funny," I said. Laughing, she returned the item to the correct rack and proceeded to check out for her items. As I was impatient and feeling totally awkward, I had already made my departure from the store, so Jenna agreed to meet me back at the entrance.

Nearly squealing, Jenna came over with the pink-striped bag in her hand. "I got a freebie and I'm giving it to you!"

Rummaging through her shopping bag, she took out a tiny, flexible bag and handed it to me. Designed with different patterns that looked like they could be part of a Vera Bradley purse, I curiously opened the bag.

"Really Jenna, I thought we had agreed to-"

"Oh look, it's Laney!"

Darting my head upward, Thomas waved me down from a few feet away. Peter stood beside him, smiled and gave a quick wave. Jenna's eyes lit up when she saw the boys and her green eyes curiously searched my face for answers.

And me? Oh, well I was just holding a light-blue, cutely decorated thong in shame across my chest. And I'm pretty sure that was a sight that was hard to miss.

© Lightning_Stryker 2016