cinque

The whole afternoon had passed mostly with the two girls being online the whole time. After their talk with Gianluigi, he remembered he had to leave to go to training.

Iris still acted like she didn't know, like she was a football noob. She didn't know why she was doing that but something inside her kept her from telling the truth. She feared that if she started talking about football he would get scared or anything.

Her whole body was dead from sitting on the same position the whole time so she took the decision to change clothes and go to Calum's room.

She wore some light jeans and a simple shirt, but made sure she took a cardigan with her because it was getting late and the cold would start soon.

"Bye" she said not expecting an answer from her roommate even though she heard some kind of mumbling noise before she closed the door behind her.

Nearing the boys' rooms, she wondered in which room Gianluigi lived.

324? 325? 326? 32...

Just as she was right in front of the door with the number 327, a guy opened the door from inside with a rush that nearly hit her.

"Watch out bitch!" He yelled at her.

Iris gave him a confused look and before she let it go and continued walking she noticed someone in the back of that room.

Gianluigi was sat in a chair, staring at the floor but in reality lost in his thoughts. Was he the reason why that guy was so angry?

Iris took a few steps inside opening the door a bit more as it made a light noise. The goalkeeper's head turned up to find her right in front of him.

"Are you okay?" She asked not knowing what she should do.

"Yes." He said blankly.

He was wearing his football clothes, he probably hadn't changed since he got back.

"What happened?"

"Nothing Iris nothing."

"Can I help?"

"No one can."

Iris was surprised. Unpleasantly. She thought she had something with him, something special. And now he refuses to trust her and let her help.

"Why?"

"Because no one can. End of conversation."

"Okay." She said and turned around to make her way out of the door.

"Don't leave."

"Then what should I do? You don't want to talk to me or let me help!"

"Just... Stay. Please." He said pleading for her to do as he says.

Iris walked to the door and closed it, to have more private space with Gianluigi. She sat in one of the two beds in the room, the closest one to the chair he was sitting at.

They stayed there in silence for a few moments. Gianluigi didn't seem ready to open to Iris and she didn't wanna push him by any means.

After some time Gianluigi took a deep breath and reached for Iris' hand. He held it tight with his warm hands and looked at her with a smile.

"Can we make a deal?"

"What kind of deal?"

"I'll tell you everything if you promise to not tell anyone. Especially Alessandra."

"S-sure." Iris said confused.

"That was my brother. He's a few years older but he's still staying here because my parents thought it would be nice if we shared a room. Ever since I got here he blames me for that because otherwise he would be staying alone. He's not the easiest person to live with, he's drunk most of the times and jealous of me; very jealous of me. He thinks I'm the golden boy that does everything right and never make a mistake, and he's not like that. He's failed our parents, our school, our community and himself. Also he's jealous of me because of something else... We were both in the AC Milan academies since we were young and I played in the first team way before him, even though he was older. Because of that he stopped playing football so that's another reason to hate me."

"Wow Gianluigi that's..."

"It's nothing. I thought it would get better in college but it didn't which doesn't bother me, I spend most of my days in your room anyway." He said and chuckled.

"And what happened this time?"

"I came back from training and he started blaming me for not being here the whole time and not prioritizing some things. He's crazy, don't give him much attention."

"Sorry to hear that..."

Iris was so engaged in Gianluigi's words that she totally forgot he was holding her hands. She only realized it as she looked down, which made her nerves kick in drastically inside her whole body, making her heart beat faster than usual and her cheeks burn.

"You won't tell Alessandra okay? I don't want her to know."

"I technically don't exist for Alessandra." She said and laughed awkwardly.

"No trust me you do, she considers you a really strong opponent to be honest."

"Opponent? What is this a game?"

"She thinks I'll replace her with you. We had a whole argument about this."

"Cal thinks the same! Which is crazy right I mean come on..."

If you took a tomato and put it next to Iris' face right now you couldn't tell them apart.

"Exactly! We just met, they don't need to be threatened..."

"Calum told me to watch out with you before he told me he was jealous. That's why I've been avoiding all of your lunch/dinner offers."

"But now you know he's just jealous right?"

"Yeah..."

"Where do you wanna go?"

"What?"

"For dinner."

Gianluigi smiled. Or smirked. It was more of those in between, smirky smiles.

"I don't really know the places here so you choose." Iris said trying to laugh but this whole situation was just shocking her whole body making her not act normal.

"Alright come on let's go."

Gianluigi stood up letting go of Iris' hand and grabbed his keys. He was walking fast to the door, maybe of excitement, maybe of his giant legs.

Whichever way it was, Iris was going out on a date. With Gianluigi Donnarumma.