Chapter 1

Oliver Queen refilled his glass and turned back to his girlfriend, she was only wearing her bra and underwear though she had covered up a little by throwing one of his shirts over herself. He smiled and put his glass down on the small table next to them, he grabbed her shoulders and gently pushed her onto the bed. She giggled, 'Ollie.'

'Yes?' He said in-between kisses.

'Nothing,' She gasped as he kissed her neck repeatedly. A sharp crack resonated across the floor of the yacht as a bolt of thunder shook through the air. Laurel bolted up hitting Oliver's head with her shoulder. 'Ollie that one was definitely closer,' She said frowning.

Oliver tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear and smiled kindly, 'Hey. Its fine, you're safe.'

Laurel's expression softened and she lay back down, Oliver cupped her neck and tilted her head back to kiss her. She fell into the kiss and sighed against his lips, 'I love you.' She said each word in-between kisses.

Oliver stopped kissing her and put a hand on either side of her head, 'I love you too Laurel. You are so beautiful.' He leant back down and kissed her neck again, she placed a hand gently on his chest. Suddenly the boat surged and Laurel and Oliver where thrown against the wall opposite the bed. Laurel groaned and then a hole appeared in the boat beside her feet.

'Ollie!' She screamed as she was pulled under. Oliver saw the expression of terror etched onto her face as her hair swirled around her.

'Laurel!' He yelled in anguish as he too was pulled under. Seconds later he resurfaced and looked around trying to spot Laurel. He couldn't see her, 'Laurel!' He yelled as a life raft came into view and his father pulled him on. He surged back to the edge and tried to dive back into the sea, his father grabbed his arm and yanked him back. 'Laurel!' He yelled the pain filling his voice.

'Oliver,' He heard a small yell and then he saw Laurel's head break the surface before being pulled under again.

'Laurel!' He yelled as the life raft floated towards her struggling form. He hauled her on board and she hunched over and coughed attempting to get all of the water out of her lungs. When she was done Oliver pulled her shaking body into his arms and cradled her. 'You're okay, you're okay.' He said this over and over as Laurel began to sob. Eventually she rested her head on his chest and fell into a fitful sleep. Around half an hour later Oliver did the same with his head against the inflated side of the raft and one arm tightly around Laurel at all times.

When she woke the sun was beating down hard on her bare legs, Oliver was still asleep and Mr Queen lay awake a foot away. Laurel gently lifted Oliver's arm from her shoulder and sat up, she pulled the shirt around her chest and curled her legs beneath her self-consciously. She opened her mouth to speak but when she attempted to get the words out her voice snapped and she could only produce a dry croak. She coughed to try and ease the discomfort, it did little to help. Next to her Oliver stirred and his eyes flew open, 'Laurel.' He croaked. He was clearly equally thirsty. 'Laurel are you okay?' His eyes, which had previously been wandering, focused on her face.

Laurel nodded and moved a little to the right so that Oliver could sit up. Oliver looked up at the sky and squinted, 'dad. Is anyone coming to get us?'

It was then that Mr Queen finally spoke, 'we sent out a distress call last night but it doesn't appear so.' Laurels face fell and her lip began to quiver.

Oliver, upon seeing her distress, sat closer to her and placed a hand on her shoulder and said, 'if they got the distress call then they will probably come to find us.'

They didn't.

⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪
Hey,
So there it is. The first chapter, I have actually had this done for a while now it has just taken a while to publish. I really hope you enjoyed!
Though this is a joint account I wrote this alone as Jennifer doesn't particularly enjoy Arrow.
Thanks for reading.
Kaitlyn xx