Chapter 3

After I calm myself down I change in a back alley. I would be scared, but you know, vampire and all. I change into black skinny jeans and a red t-shirt with a funny slogan on it.

All of a sudden I smell something, something sweet and tangy; and then I hear it, the shuffling of footsteps and the beating of the person's heart. When the man rounds the corner into the alleyway he doesn't see me, but soon enough he does. "Hello ma'am! How are you this fine evening?" I don't respond, I just move closer to him. I walk until I'm about a foot away from him. And then something takes over me, the hunger to be exact. I push him into the wall and look into his frightened eyes, and smirk, then I rip into his neck, my fangs having sprang into my mouth the second I smelt his tantalizing blood.

The man starts to slip down the wall and I go with him. I hear his heart slowing down and he is gasping for breath, but I still don't stop. I don't stop until he is completely drained of blood. When I sit back and look at him I come back to my senses. I just killed a man, a man that might have kids and a wife at home. A man who was nice and polite to me before I murdered him.

I stand up and back away slowly, when I reach the opening to the alley I turn and run to the woods, I race a head into the trees as if hell was at my heels.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

I find myself in a park later that night, and thankfully it has bathrooms. I walk straight to mirrors and I gasp. My hair is a tangled, bushy mess, and I have blood covering my chin. I use some paper towels to wipe off the blood, thankfully none got on my clothes. I grab the brush I bought from my book-bag and brush out my hair.

I stand and look at myself for a few minutes. I had no idea what I looked like and this is a surprise to me. I'm actually decent looking, with long, curly hair that is so dark brown it's almost black. I'm also really pale, I put that down to the vampirism. My eyes are the same color of a clover, in other words they're a crisp green color.

I put my bag on my back and step out of the bathrooms. I take a look at my surroundings and see a 24 hour fast food restaurant across the street from the park. I walk across the street and into the restaurant. The lady at the counter gives me a smile as I order a coffee. I sit at a table with my coffee and blow on it before taking a small sip. I smile at the taste and startle as an old man sits down in front of me.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing in a place like this?"

"I don't have anywhere else to go, I'm just passing through." This was not a lie I'm planning to board a bus tomorrow to take me away from this small town. The longer I stay here the more chance there is that someone will recognize me. "Why are you here this late, sir?"

The old man gets a sad look on his face, "My wife and I used to come here every Sunday, when I can't sleep I come here because it reminds me of her."

"That is so sweet, I'm sorry for your loss. May I ask how she passed?"

"Just old age, dear." I talk with the old man for a little longer before he gets tired and goes home. I order another coffee, and sit down with it. Almost as soon as I sit down another body scoots in across from me. I look up and gasp, it's that guy. The guy from my memory, the guy who attacked me.

"Hello, Emily. I'm Link, your Creator."