EPILOGUE: Glory in Suffering

It was already 30 years after that fateful night. I was in a balcony, together with my whole family, Fr. Bernstein and Sr. Dominic. People were everywhere, all were working hard to at least have a glimpse of the new proclaimed holy one, as the Pope said the words of Canonization for the newly proclaimed saint.

"Ad honorem Sanctae et Individuae Trinitatis,  ad exaltationem Fidei Catholicae et vitae christianae incrementum auctoritate Domini nostri Iesu Christi, beatorum Apostolorum Petri et Pauli ac Nostra, matura deliberatione praehabita et divina ope saepius implorata,  ac de plurimorum Fratrum Nostrorum consilio, Beatam Ioannes Edwardus Andersonus Sanctam esse decernimus et definimus, ac Sanctorum Catalogo adscribimus, statuentes eam in universa Ecclesia.  inter Sanctos pia devotione recoli debere. In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti. Amen"

(To the honour of the holy and undivided Trinity,for the exaltation of the Catholic faith and the increase of the Christian life,by the authority of Our Lord Jesus Christ, of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul, and of Ourselves,after mature deliberation and frequent prayer for the Divine assistance,with the advice of Our venerable brethren, We decree and define Blessed John Edward Anderson to be a saint,and We place his name in the catalogue of Saints, decreeing that in the universal Church he is to be venerated among the Saints with pious devotion. In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.Amen).

At those words, the crowd cheered for the new Saint.

St. John Edward Anderson,

a faithful husband,

good friend

and a faithful child

Yet most especially,

A light amidst the darkness of a Winter Night.