What Are We

Tig was in a very pissy mood today. Kozik was getting on his last never at the TM and he had had it long ago with that man.

They had been working out in the garage and Kozik asked to borrow some tools to fix up his bike, which Tig ended up chucking them at him to shut him up -- which only caused a bigger fight.

"Uh, Tig?"

Chucky said walking out of the office and into the middle of a screaming match between Tig and Kozik.

"What!?"

Tig snapped at the poor guy. Chucky blinked before he pointed back toward the office.

"Uh, there's someone on the phone for you."

Tig scoffed and waved his hands around.

"I can't get a God damn thing done between this asshole here and the God damn phones! What the hell are you even doing?!"

He yelled at Chucky as he pushed past the man, who muttered "I accept that." As Tig walked into the office and slammed the door.

As he picked up the phone off the desk he placed it to his ear and still fuming answered the phone with a snap in his voice.

"What?"

The line was silent for a moment before the voice on the other end spoke up.

"Wow, when was the last time you got laid?"

Tig felt his whole body go numb before he felt his heart start racing in his chest.

"Clara?"

"Hey, Sweetheart."

He completely forgot all about being mad as he found himself sitting down in the office chair. He was so happy to hear her voice that he didn't know what to say.

It had been too long since he had last heard or seen from her. Although he had hidden it better than the others, he had been worried sick about the woman.

He had been beyond stressed out of his God damn mind between protecting Gemma and Clara's kidnapping then dealing with Kozik's shit -- he hadn't known what to do.

"Suprised?"

She asked after Tig realized that he hadn't spoken for a moment.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm -- I'm -- I'm glad to hear your voice again, doll."

He said, finding himself grinning softly as he whipped his eyes, keeping the tears at bay.

He heard her chuckle lightly on the other end of the line before she sighed softly.

"I'm sorry, Tiggy."

"Sorry?"

"That I worried you and everyone else. But, I couldn't just let Able be taken like -- "

"You did what anyone protecting a kid and woman would do. You did what you had to. Don't apologize."

Tig said shaking his head and proving his elbow against the desk.

"I just hate that I worried everyone like that. Anyway, how are you doing?"

She asked. Her voice sounded tired, which he didn't doubt she was after everything she had been through.

"I'm doing alright."

He said and she chuckled. God damn even her soft voice was giving him a hard on right now.

"Really? So you always answer the phone in a pissed off way?"

"Only for you, Sweetheart."