Another Task

Clay had called Clara back as he said he would and now it was time for her to have her visit with him. As she sat at the table in the visiting room she felt her stomach doing flips. Ever since her father had gotten a hold of her, she had been uneasy being even close to the prison. But when it came to the club, she was prepared to do anything.

And that's why she was here now. That's why she was sitting at the table waiting for Clay to speak to her as he sat in front of her watching her anxious hands fumbling with her fingers.

"You okay, baby girl?"

Clay asked causing Clara's eyes to snap up and away from her fingers. She gave him a small smile and nodded. Clay just seemed to watch her carefully and then his hand came out and grabbed her anxious one. Her eyes flickered down for a split second before they return to Clay's.

"Now, what's going on with the Russians?"

Clay questioned. Clara told him everything that Gaalan had told her. All the while Clay held her hand in his much larger one while he listened.

"And Gaalan was sure?"

"Yeah, so sure that he said I owed him."

Clay scoffed and shook his head.

"Of course... Thank you, Clara."

Clay said getting rather serious. She looked at him slightly confused. She tightened her grip in his hand for a moment and looked at Clay in question. He glanced up at her from his hand when he looked at she tightened her hold on his hand.

"Is everything okay, Clay?"

She asked. Clay just looked at her. He didn't smile, he didn't show any real emotion toward her beside the deep frown that was currently firming on his face.

"I'm not gonna lie, baby girl. I'm tired. We've all got eight more months before we get out of here and I'm not getting any younger."

Clay explained. Clara frowned as well. She knew Clay was really pushing his age, he was more than half way to his seventies now. Hell, a lot of the guys were pushing it into their old ages now -- all but for a select few.

"Are you going to -- Jax is he gonna become president when you get out?"

She asked curiously trying to figure out where he was going with this sudden subject. Clay just made a nose somewhere between a scoff and a snicker. He shook his head and sighed deeply.

"No. No. Nothing like that. These hands aren't ready to give up that gavel just yet."

A small smirk came to his lips as he took his other hand and patted hers.

"Then why did you -- "

"Just forget I said anything."

Clay snapped quickly. Clara raised a brow but kept quiet about anything else that might get Clay all huffed up.

"I'm just glad I could help."

Clara said after a moment of silence. Clay released his hold on Clara as he slid back into a more straight sitting position.

"About that. There's something else I need you to do."

Chibs walked across the parking lot at the TM. He was wearing his usual brown leather jacket with his kutte over top it. He walked into the office of the garage where Gemma was sitting.

"Hey, honey."

Gemma greeted as Chibs walked inside. Chibs gave Gemma a smile as he walked over and took a seat on the couch in the office.

"Hey, Gem. Have you heard from Clara today?"

He asked. Gemma gave Chibs a confused look. The fact of the matter was she hadn't heard from Clara at all today and had honestly thought she was with Chibs all day. Gemma shook her head.

"No baby, can't say I have. Why? Is something wrong?"

Chibs just looked at Gemma. If Clara hadn't seen Gemma and if she hadn't checked in with him then where was she?

"Ah, I just -- "

About that moment they heard a Harley pull into the TM. Chibs stood up and walked to the door and seen that it was Clara parking her bike.

Chibs gave a soft smile as he watched her parking her bike. The way she removed her helmet to the way she fluffed out her hair. And then she looked at him as he stood there in the doorway.

As they made eye contact his smile slowly faded. The way she looked at Chibs, something was wrong. He could see it, but he didn't know what it was.

He started walking toward her, but stopped as she looked away and climbed off her bike heading in the opposite direction of Chibs.