Getting ready for tomorrow

Suddenly, I felt two strong arms around my neck. I turned around and saw Kyle smiling at me. “Ariana! You’ve arrived! How was the trip?” I laughed at his weird face and answered that it took too long. It was already 14 o’clock. I hugged Kyle and asked him in which hotel I was staying. He took my hand and pulled me to the parking. I jumped in a yellow car as Kyle started the motor. He drove to the Hilton Hotel. He parked the car and we walked to the Hotel. I asked which room I was staying in, but Kyle already got the key and was carrying my bags. He almost pulled me in the lift, and he pushed the highest button. I was staying on the highest floor of this huge building! The lift stopped and we walked through the corridor. Kyle handed me the key of room 26D and gave me a big hug. “I have to go now, Ariana. I’ve done what I needed to do. Good luck and have fun!” I smiled at him as I opened the door of my room.

I was completely blown away by what I saw. In the middle of the room was a large bed with curtains around it. It looked like it was stolen out of a fairytale. The light was a bit dimmed, so the whole room got a romantic atmosphere. I dropped my bags, closed the door and sat down on the bed. Then, I realized I could read Dan’s last letter. I opened the envelope and started reading.

‘Hi sweetheart!

I hope you’ve safely arrived at the hotel.

But there are some more surprises for you.

Go to the bathroom, honey. And take a look in the little box I left for you on the sink.’

I opened the little, black box and saw the most beautiful necklace I had ever seen. It was silver, with a red heart on it. I read in his letter:

‘I want you to wear this tomorrow, darling. Don’t forget!!! xx’

I carefully closed the box and continued reading his letter.

‘Now open the closet in the bedroom. There’s a surprise in it, and I also want you to wear it tomorrow. If it isn’t the right size, just make a call. I’ll figure something out then. I hope you like it, sweetie!’

I quickly opened the closet and saw a short, black dress. There were little stars on it, and the whole dress sparkled. It was beautiful. I wanted to try it on, so I forgot the letter for a while and put on the dress. I looked at myself in the mirror, and saw something I wasn’t expecting at all. I’ve never known I looked that beautiful in a dress. I sat back on the amazingly romantic bed in which I had to sleep alone tonight and took the letter again. What I read next, almost made me pass out. Dan should pick me up tomorrow and wanted me to wear the dress and the necklace he bought me. I realized I didn’t own any pair of shoes to wear with the dress. I quickly got back into my jeans and T-shirt, took my jacket and left my room.

I walked through Paris, searching for a beautiful pair of shoes. After an hour, I found some really nice, sparkling black pumps. I bought them and searched a restaurant to get some food. I only ate some cookies today, and it was already 4 p.m. After finishing my dinner, I went back to the hotel, took a shower and went to bed. I was wearing Dan’s wolf T-shirt, like I always did when he was away from me. I was missing him more than ever. I knew I should see him tomorrow, so just because I couldn’t stop thinking about him, time passed even more slowly.