xli.

"cozy," stated riley once she entered andrew and liam's shared apartment. she ran towards the couch, jumping on it and closing her eyes. liam chuckled at the short girl as he crept up to her and picked her up by her waist, placing her on his shoulder. andrew shook his head at liam's mistake, for riley is now laughing like a mad man.

"put me down!" she screamed, liam carrying her to the guest room. he flopped her body down on the soft mattress, andrew placing her trolley and backpack next to the bed.

"night, kiddo," teased liam, patting the girl on the head before giving planting a kiss on the forehead. andrew followed liam's actions which caused riley to roll her eyes at the two lovebirds.

"do you want us to read you a bedtime story, honey?"

"no thanks, dads."

– —

riley woke up to someone screaming and then laughing afterwards in the room on top of hers. something about it seems familiar but she doesn't wanna jump into conclusions that she's in the apartment below his.

"hey, we're gonna go out. wanna come?" liam asked as he entered the room.

"nah, i'll just stay here."

"okay, suit yourself. if you need help, just call us. and also, if you're gonna go out, the house keys are in the kitchen counter, along with the car keys."

"is it the same car?"

"uh huh."

and with that, she's all alone to take care of everything in the apartment.

riley went straight towards the refrigerator to check for food, but sadly, there's none. well, except for milk and cheese.

"hey, andrew."

"jesus, riley. we haven't even left yet."

"can i order something?"

"how about you just come with us?"

"nah... i'll just buy groceries."

ending the call, riley ran towards the room she's staying in. she grabbed her wallet inside her backpack and ran outside, slipping as she swiftly swooped the house and car keys up.

when she exited and locked the apartment door, she suddenly bumped into someone making her stumble a bit.

"sorry," a voice apologized. riley fixed herself before looking up to see someone an inch taller than her.

wow, she's really pretty.

"it's okay."

"say... you look a lot like riley phoenix."

"people say that all the time," riley chuckled. the girl right in front of her gasped upon realizing that it is indeed riley phoenix standing right in front of her.

"oh my god! you are riley!" the girl giggled. "i really enjoy stranger things. plus, my boyfriend is a huge fan of you."

"awh, that's so sweet—..."

"ingrid. my name's ingrid."

– —

if you haven't read cyber yet, go do it.