Superman - Extraterrestrial

Based on the song "E T." by Katy Perry

Requested by MARVELLOVER4LIFE

***********************************************************************************************

You're so hypnotizing.

Could you be the Devil?

Could you be an angel?

The first time you saw Superman was on TV as he was destroying Metropolis (not on purpose of course, he was fighting Zodd), you started writing about him and researching him and that was how you were discovered by the Daily Planet,  but the first time you MET Superman was at work, on your first day. To be fair, you met Clark Kent first. Clark worked in the cubicle right next to yours, so as Perry was showing you around on your first day, those magnificent, angelic blue eyes found your Y/E/C ones and made you stop in your tracks. 

He smiled at you lightly, and you instantly gave him a smile back and blushed slightly. You had NEVER been so attracted to a man in glasses. You hear Perry snicker to himself lightly. " Y/N, this is Clark Kent. Clark, this is Y/N. She will be working in the office next to you and she will be covering anything and everything Superman."

He looks back from Perry to you and smiles even brighter. "Really? How'd you get into that line of work?." He tilts his head slightly and you can't help but fiddle with your fingers slightly and fight the urge to bite your lip and go on a rant about how he is your favorite superhero EVER, even out of the ones you read about in comic books. "Well, I think he is a hero who is here for all of the right reasons, but most people don't agree. But, thankfully, Perry here does, so ... here I am, defending what ... and WHO ... I think is in the right", You reply shyly. Once you finish your statement, you look down at the floor a little and you swear that you see a slight smirk coming from Clark.

"Well, I have a meeting to get to ... it's called lunch", Perry says and smirks at his own attempt at humor. Clark laughs and gently nudges your arm with his hand and looks you in the eyes, hinting to you to laugh too. You laugh hesitantly and Perry smiles, satisfied. He turns to walk away but then turns back to the two of you. "Oh! Kent! Will you finish giving her the tour?" Clark starts to say something but before he can even get out one word, Perry yells, "Thanks Kent!", and heads off to his lunch break. You giggle lightly and turn to Clark who is staring at you. 

"What?", you ask quietly, still smiling. 

"Oh. Uh ... nothing", he stutters but then grins back. 

"Have you met him?", you ask, shyly trying to make conversation.

"Who?", he asks confused.

"Superman."

"Oh, no I haven't", he turns back to his computer and keeps typing with a stupid grin on his face.

"Why do you keep smiling like that? Do I have something on my face or something!?"

That was the beginning of a beautiful friendship that quickly turned into a relationship. But what started it all was on that first day when he let you sit there and talk to him about your favorite superhero like the fangirl that you were, and he sat patiently and listened while he kept grinning like an idiot. 

The first time you met Superman, he saved you from falling debris as you were covering another Superman story for the paper. An oil factory had caught on fire and you immediately raced to the factory because you knew HE would be there. As the taxi dropped you off, you ran toward the large fire and soon enough you found yourself snapping pictures and not paying attention to your surroundings until it was too late.