Meeting

"Amaya," calls my father, "Please come to the kitchen table. Your mother and I have some very important news to tell you." I follow the sounds of my dad's voice and I try to catch a glimpse of the shape of the table and chairs. Since I am Legally Blind, I have learned to see the shapes of objects, and use them to guide me from place to place. The shape of the table becomes slightly clearer as I approach it, and I can now see the outline of my dad. I can see the outline of my mom sitting next to him, and my little sister, Anya, sitting across from my mother.
"Anya, daddy and I have to talk with Amaya now, please go to your room and play with your toys for a while." I can barely make out Anya's seven year old body sliding off her chair as her small outline disappears. Anya doesn't realize how luck she is to be able to see more than simple outlines.

"Maya, dear, your father and I are having troubles paying our bills. Your upper-level gymnastics training, combined with Anya's voice lessons, is becoming a financial problem."
My worst nightmare had just unraveled right before my face. My mother, Amy, had flat out stated that she could no longer afford my gymnastics training. I had nothing to say until Aaron, my dad, spoke up.
"With that being said, Amaya, we have one week to settle a plan with your coach to help us financially. If we can get a discount on your training, then you will be able to continue your gymnastics. If not, then we will have to postpone your training for at least a year." His last words 'postpone your training for at least a year' rang throughout my head. Once I finally calmed down, I reminded myself that there was still hope... As long as I could get a discount on my training.
"Ok, I understand." I said, hesitantly. Gymnastics isn't just my sport, it's my life. The only place where I feel treated like I am a normal girl is at the gym.