Safe Dueling

Safe Dueling

If you are to duel, then you must know the standard rules of dueling.

1. NEVER use an unforgivable curse.

2. Make sure you know all the right spells and counter curses.

3. Be aware of your sourandings. 

4. There shall be no physical contact between the two duelers.

These are just the basic rules, but they will be more complex as you age.

Here are some safe dueling spells that you will often use.  

*For all of these spells, no fancy movement in the wand is required, except just to aim at your target.

Confuzis- Pronounced Cun-f-uu-z-is. It makes your oponent temporarily confused. 

Expeliomus- Pronounced X-pell-ee-o-mus. Knocks the wand out of the oponents hand.

Imboles- Pronounced Im-bo-lees. Temporarliy immoblizes your oponent.

Ropulo- Pronounced Ro-pu-low. Binds your oponent with ropes.

Jelly Legs Jinx- Pronounced Gell-e, L-e-gs, G-e-n-x. Makes your oponent fall to the ground because their legs have become jelly. Not real jelly, just really jiggly and unable to support the weight of a body.

Levicorpsis- Pronounced L-eh-v-core-ps-is. Dangles oponent in the air.

Petrifius- Pronounced Pet-tchra-f-i-us. Petrifies an oponent.

Sectumsemba- Pronounced Sect-em-sem-b-ah. Makes multiple gash wounds on an oponent. Very dangerous, only use if you are battling to the death.

Stupidify- Pronouced Stu-pid-if-i. Knocks the insensible for a moment.

Tangotangera- Pronounced T-ain-go-tan-ger-ah. Makes the oponent dance uncontrolably for a few minutes.

These are some simple spells for the first year. Thank you for having a safe duel!