Chapter 2

It was sometime in the middle of the night when I woke and found myself unable to move. My mind felt hazy and I couldn't make out anything within the deep darkness around me. My neck felt as if it had a knot in it and it hurt to move. I wasn't even sure if I was dreaming or not, but when I heard a mechanical laughter echo I really hopped I was dreaming.

"It's Mortum right dearly?" A male voice spoke in an amused manor as I light flicked on, and I cringed as my eyes adjusted. I saw I was tried down in a chair with silvery strings and blood stained my shirt, but was it my blood?

"And if I said no?" My voice was thicker than normal and I wondered what they he did to me when I was out. The male who I could now see had long pink hair and dressed like a street actor laughed once more.

"I couldn't care what your name is as long as you can bring Mahiru here with that damn cat of his." I was shocked to hear the male mention Mahiru, at first I was thinking this was a kidnaping for ransom or something else much more dark and painful, but... What did Mahiru have to do with this? Why also mention his cat?

"You have a problem with cat lovers?" I tested my luck speaking that way but I was a bit insane too, so I didn't really care. Maybe also that I couldn't think very well played into that.

"Just that damn cat. You'll see soon enough." With that the man pulled out a sword and directed it at me, "Let's make pretty art for Mahiru when he gets here." He man laughed and I looked at the sword dully.

So this is where it ends... Cut up and probably sell my body parts to the black market... Damn, I knew I should have picked a better neighborhood to live in... Still... I wonder how Mahiru knows this whack job...

I didn't make much noise as my flesh was ripped into, I had long figured out how to ignore pain and shut my mind down, but already being incoherent mad it all the easier. Perhaps as some point he hit me hard on my head. Seemingly having lost interest in me the pinked haired man walked away to let me bleed out. That was okay too, dying alone in this stingy cell didn't bother me. As long as I can say I at least have one friend... I'm okay with dying...

"... I wish..." I tasted a metallic taste in my mouth I hazily registered as blood, "... I only wish... That I could at least had fun some more..." My vision got burry and I thought about my pitiful life. I was happy I had a friend, but that didn't mean I didn't want more.

"Mortum!" I heard a Hahiru called out and I smiled weakly and suddenly I found myself crying.

Why am I crying? I thought I was okay with dying... And yet I feel so happy that Mahiru came...

"M-Mahiru..." I gasped out as pain flooded my systems and I blinked my eyes to get rid of the darkness that swam in my vision. I saw not only Mahiru but lots of other people who fought the pink haired guy and a red headed companion that I never noticed. My eyes were drawn to the fire in the male's hands and the large scythe a feminine male held.

"Kuro! Protect Mortum!" A pale blue haired male ran up to me and I thought I recognized his red eyes... Kuro... wasn't that the cat's name? It seemed so surreal, more so than me getting cut up was.

"Mahiru... He's dying." The male deeply spoke and I felt him touch my neck, checking my pulse, "How bothersome... He doesn't have much time left..." His voice fizzled out as I struggled to remain conscious a bit longer.

Hahiru shouted something at Kuro and he seemed to dislike whatever Mahiru said. They argued a bit more before Kuro sighed and turned to me. I weakly held his gaze and watched him bite his wrist and put it to my mouth. His blood reached my lips and into my mouth, seeming annoyed Kuro bit his wrist harder to make it bleed more and pressed it against a deep gash in my torso.