Part 12

The following day, I woke up feeling happy for a change. My head was resting on Gerard's bare chest, and my husband smiled down at me as he watched me slowly open my eyes.

"Morning, Gee," I signed up at him, yawning.

"Morning, Frankie." Gerard signed back. I rolled off him and snuggled into his side. Gerard seemed to giggle and he began to stroke through my hair. I shuddered.

"Feels good," I signed, humming. Gerard smiled and began a full head massage. I moaned in appreciation, and he blushed, smiling shyly.

I rolled away from Gerard and groaned. "Don't wanna get horny," I motioned.

Gerard rolled his eyes. "Oh, fine." he kissed my head and got out of bed, picking out some clothes. "Bob and Mikey will be here soon."

"But Geebear, I don't wanna get up."

"Tough."

I whined and reluctantly got out of bed, annoyed and cold. Gerard smirked and wrapped his arms around my waist, bringing me closer.

"How do you think today will turn out?" I signed with a short sigh.

"I know Bob will do everything he can," Gerard assured. I rested my head against his chest for a moment before leaning back and going to pick out some clothes. Gerard got changed in the corner, and my gaze was drawn to his bare ass when he slipped out of his boxers. I licked my lips, stalking over and slapping his ass, growling.

Gerard jumped and blushed hard. "Frankie!" He signed in shock before his mouth curved up in a smirk. "You dirty little boy. Making me hard."

I giggled and did it again. "You have hot sex hair, too."

Gerard chuckled, then his eyes widened and he began to quickly get dressed before rushing downstairs. Gathering that Mikey and Bob had knocked, I also quickly rushed to get changed and ran down, of course seeing them there with amused smirks.

"What were you two doing?" Mikey signed slowly, his smirk growing.

"Playing around," I signed back almost protectively, groaning.

"Frankie slapped my ass really hard out of nowhere," Gerard explained with a gruff expression.

I whined. "You have a really nice ass."

Bob giggled and covered his ears. Mikey scowled. "You guys! Ember and Jeremy are here!"

"Yeah, yeah. They're a few months old. They can barely perceive a thing." I retorted indignantly. Mikey stuck his tongue out and I giggled, glad our playful friendship had been restored so quickly.

"Go finish getting ready," Bob told us. "And sort out your sex hair. Both of you."

Gerard and I blushed simultaneously and we went back upstairs to brush our hair and teeth, then do our eyeliner.

I made a quick grab for the eyeliner - the only one currently in the house - and smirked defiantly. Gerard pouted and folded his arms. He knew I'd take at least ten minutes to apply it, because I was very picky about the amount I put on.

He sat in the corner pouting while I applied my eyeliner with a cheeky grin. After around fifteen minutes of perfecting it, I handed the eyeliner pencil to Gerard. "Have fun," I signed, blowing a kiss. He pretended to scowl.

I bounced downstairs to look over Bob and Mikey playing with the kids impatiently. I joined them until a perfected Gerard came down and led us out to the car. I gulped when I remembered where we were going.

"Everything's gonna be fine," Mikey signed when we were in the car. I let out a shaky breath and nodded as Gerard drove round to the now highly familiar building.

Gerard took my hand and led me inside once we arrived. Once again, we were ordered to the banal waiting room that I grew more sick of every time I went there.

No one bothered to sign anything until we were brought into Miss Bowen's room. Mikey stayed outside with the kids.

Upon entering, Bob almost instantaneously slammed his hands down on the founder's desk, much to her shock, and began shouting at her. Gerard translated for me as usual.

"We demand for Frank's appeal to be recognised!" Bob demanded. Miss Bowen swallowed thickly, clearly intimidated by him.

"How many times do I have to say that this is not my fault?" She responded after a heartbeat.

Bob glared. "You have total power here. You know you could easily find another operator."

Miss Bowen deadpanned. "It's not that simple. I've tried to, but no one is up for the job."

"Well... I'll do it," Bob offered."

"Not possible." The founder sighed. "And also unfair. You're asking me to fire someone due to having history with Frank. I can't inadvertently replace him with you when you have a bigger sentimental attachment. You also must have an extensive knowledge of how to manage and organise money effectively, which I assume is not your area of expertise." When Bob stared away, she seemed to sigh once more. "Look... I want your friend to get his hearing back too, especially considering his connections with this charity. I'm trying as hard as I can."

"It's been almost two years since his appeal was recognised by this foundation. We've raised thousands of dollars to get his hearing back just to be slapped in the face," Bob stressed. "You're the main authority here. Can't you have a say in whose appeals get recognised?"

"He will not take my word for it," Miss Bowen quipped. "But so far, his tactics have been effective."

"Denying someone their hearing is an effective tactic?" Bob challenged.

Miss Bowen ignored that statement. She glanced at me and began to sign. "I'd like you to stay here, Frank. This is something you must discuss with the operator alone."

I gulped, but gave a small nod. She ushered the others out, and I whimpered she called for my father, tearing up.

After ten minutes, he entered with a cold stare. Miss Bowen left and my Dad picked me up by the neck, pinning me up against the wall.

"You've caused me more trouble than you're worth, you little runt," he spoke, me reading his lips. I attempted to call for Gerard, but he stopped me. Beads of sweat fell down my face as I closed my eyes, knowing this would be the end of me.