40th Street Accident

a/n

just as a heads up this is a very short but intense chapter. also, are you guys proud of me? two uploads in two days wow! I;m so excited for you to read his chapter, eeeeeee.

She was driving as fast as she could through the crowded city streets, the buldings, surrounding her at every corner, and school was still about a 10 minute drive away.

Youel High, named for the German founders of the school.

It's history is actually quite interesting but thinking this early in the morning is hard.

"The light is green!" she screamed at the car in front of her, Ebony tended to refrain from honking the horn, but her voice made up for it.

"Move!" she yelled again before merging into the next lane and flipping off the 40 something looking male driver.

She let out a loud huff and blew a stray peice of hair out of her face. She turnned on the radio, trying to tune into to the traffic so she wouldn't be late to school.

Traffic is getting heavy heading down 21st street" the announcer said as she tuned in, she took a wide right down 32nd street.

"Nothing to be to worried about" she said to herself and she then turned on some music.

she turned left up at 40th humming the tune, she was never one to remember the names of songs but she knew how to keep lyrics and tunes filed into little portfolios in her mind.

A bead of sweat trickled down from her head and down the side of her face

Ebony was emersed in the moment, she was basking in it, before school was the only time she really had to explore more about herself, because despite being alive almost 17 years, she still had a lot of learning to do, including herself.

Ebony turned her blinker on and waited at the stop light, the steady tick, like a metronome, 1,2,3,4 she counted in her head, the tension she felt all over her body was lifted and she let out a small sigh.

The light turned green.

The next few seconds happened so quickly, but it was slowing itself and repeting it in her brain.

Her car turned

it would've been a turn she would have triumphed about at school,

but this one,

this one went of course.

A shiny black car came speeding towards her,

Ebony had no time to react,

on impulse and impulse alone she stomped hard on her brakes.

And then came the impact.

Ebony could of sworn she could feel her brain move as she was hit.

Glass was everywhere, her eylids were drooping.

Her car was on its side, she could feel the concrete under her hands and neck.

She heard a muffled scream followed by what she assumed chaos,

there were cars honking, most likely wondering why the prople in front of them weren't moving. She heard a slam of a car door,

she could hear footsteps growing closer at an accelerated rate.

"Oh my gosh" she heard a small voice, small but deep.

"Oh my gosh" the voice mumbled again.

"Hello?" it said "Can you hear me?" it asked

Ebony wished with all her heart she could respond

she even opened her mouth, but nothing came out.

"Hello" it called again, worry lacing the tone

Ebony felt her eyes closing, No I don't want to she protested with herself,

the voice was echoing a hello in her head as the blackness surrounded her.

It was funny because she could of sworn it matched the rythm

of her blinker, right before the crash.