Goodnight

It didn't happen like you think it did. It wasn't a dark stormy night, it wasn't late at night, walking home hearing foot steps behind you. It's the way you never dare think would happen.

"Bye guys!" I yell to my friends, as I walk out the door.

"Bye Bre! Love you!" Says Erica, my best friend.

I walk off to my car and head home, it was 9:30 and I had a 10 o'clock curfew. My mom would be home waiting by a clock. She'd have a mixed drink in one hand, and water in the other. She believes if she drinks both she isn't a alcoholic, whatever, that's what all drunks think, they're not drunks.

I love my mother dearly, she use to be the kind of woman who would help anyone. She never judged, never worried, let me do whatever I pleased cause she trusted me. Then one day, I came home to find my father- ex father. Let's be clear, I hate him. He is nothing to me. Anyways, he was sleeping with one of my "best friends" the whore begged me telling me she was in love! 17, in love? No such thing. Anyways, I heard moaning and hard pounding, walked upstairs to find them... In my bed. Disgusting. I didn't tell my mother. I couldn't. It would ruin her!

Fast forward three months, my dad swore to me that he wouldn't ever touch or think of another woman than my mom. All men are lying bastards. I didn't find them this time. My mom did of course, same lying whore. Something died in her that day, something I never expected to see in her. She started drinking, smoking, not coming home. She became extremely skinny, wore dark muggy makeup. She was acting like a teenage rebel. I hated it, I had to be the mom of the house.

Present.

I walk in at 9:50, my mom is passed out which is surprising. She usually is a guard dog making sure I was home before 10. I kiss her on the forehead and grab the glass of vodka, that she tried disguising as a bottle of water, it made me snicker a little due to her thinking she was smarter than me. I wrap a blanket around her cold body, and try to wake her up. She doesn't budge so I shrug my shoulders and head to my room.

"What do you mean your mom walked in!" I exclaim bursting into laughter. I loved my friend Erica, but she was kind of a hoe when it came to her man.

"I'm so serious! My mom gasped and closed the door while I was on top of him, moaning my lungs out!" She is laughing but her face is so red due to embarrassment.

"Why did you have sex while your mom was home?" I ask, still amused.

"She wasn't suppose to be home! She was suppose to be on a date with millionaire hunk!" She giggles.

"No way, they're not together again!" I groan, knowing how this is going to end.

"Yes sadly, but they broke up over dinner again haha" she sighs, she wants her mom happy bet we both know she can't be happy until she's happy with herself.

I say goodnight and head to bed. I had no idea what the next day was going to ahold for me.