The Tape

When I was about 15 I pledge saying I would never ever love a man. Men were evil. They wanted to use women. Why couldn't I of kept that pledge? Why did I fall into temptation? Especially with him.. Was it in the heat of the moment?

"Brianna." He snaps be back into reality. I stand and walk over and sit in front of him. I glare at him, with hurt and angry eyes. He just took my virginity and he wants to act like nothing happened. I was just a puppet in this sick game.

"There will be 30 games. Not many live through all 30, but I'm sure you will. You will be in pain, and you will have to do what it takes to survive. Don't make friends, everyone you meet is here to win. Not to save you." He speaks so normally, like this is something everyone does.

"Speak to me dammit. I know you're angry. I know you hate me, but you did this. Not me. "He glares back into my eyes making my throat swell.

"You hurt me Chris." I say his name with hate. "You used me, pretended like I was special but I'm not. You are going to let me die. Will you at least let me write a note to her? You can put it in her mailbox. I want to at least say goodbye." I start crying. I usually hate crying in front of people, but I let it out.

"Please, don't cry Brianna. If you desire to write her a letter do it. You are special-"he says cautiously" I never let anyone else have dinner with me, let alone take off my mask." He looks ashamed. " I never meant to hurt you, I don't even know how that happened. I thought you hated me, I watched you live and grow and I knew you had to be mine. Now I screwed it up. I should've never brought you here, I am sincerely sorry." He looks at me upset. His eyes looked almost glossy.

"Then let me go home." I grit my teeth.

"It's not that easy. I'm not the, uh, head person of this. I'm the secondary head. I decide people, I decide games. I don't decide who lives, who dies, and who sees who. My da- boss actually finds you to be the most interesting person we've had in a few years." He shrugs his shoulders helplessly.

Few years? How long will I be here? I can't take much longer.

"If you want we can actually eat. Before I show you the tape of some scenes of some games. I'm sure you'd like to eat first." He looks down to our food, untouched because of lust.

I nod and start eating, after a few bites I start scarfing it down, he stares at me.

"What? Don't look at me." I snap at him.

"Do not speak to me or I will punish you." He snaps back.

We glare at each other for a minute and few looks back down to his plate and continues eating. We finish.

He walks out my room and is back within a minute or so, he comes in with a tv on a wheeling table. He looks at me nervously, he sighs.

"Before I play this, this doesn't mean it'll happen to you. Just be open minded."  I glance at the screen and prepare myself for what I would see.

"Please-help! Stop!" My tears trigger hearing the words of a young girl, her face was dripping in blood. A man stood above her, he grabbed her by the head of her hair, ripped it back, and took a object that looked like a brick. He smashed it into her face so hard her muffled screams stopped immediately. "Great job Travis bravo!" I hear clapping and praises as Travis looks hungrily at her.

Tears and sliding all down my cheeks, I've only seen one scene and I was petrified.

Scene two begins.

"Alright Tiffany, dare or card? What is your decision." The girl, I'm guessing Tiffany, sits at the table. Tears stained her face. She looked at the camera and back down to the cards.

"Card." She sobs.

She picks the card and looks at it. "Show the camera what it is." She flips the card and the camera zooms into it.

"Ah, bad choice. Death by cannibals, sorry Tiffany maybe next time." He starts chucking "I'm sorry that was rude. You won't have a next time." I glared at Chris, he looked at me worried.

Scene three.

"Choose a box Alex." I gasped, could it be Alex that I know?

A boy, very handsome boy walks towards the large boxes. He stares into the camera, " I choose box two."

He walks over to it. The box was taller than him, they opened it and he walked inside of it. The man behind the mask, not Chris. The man was fatter, locks Alex in a neck chain, leg chain, and arm chains. He held his hands outside the box and they closed it. The man was assisted by another man, this man was fit, strong looking, it was Chris.

"Alright Alex, choose a number 1-10. Your choice decides if I try to chop your hand off with my special katana. If you choose the right number, you get out pain free. If not there's a chance my blade will go through your wrist."

I wince, I know how this is going to end. I close my eyes, and peak through my fingers like I was watching a horror movie. I felt like I was.

"7." Alex says calmly.

Without warning I see the fit man raise the blade over his head and with much force hit it right on Alex's wrist. I hear agonizing screams. The fat man chuckles.

"Oh Alex, the number was 8! Why you were so close!"

I scream "You sick bastard! How could you!" I run up to Chris and hit his chest over and over in anger. He grips my wrists hard and shoves me against the wall behind him.

"You don't understand! Brianna you don't understand!" He trembles.

"Enlighten me then Chris! Tell me why you are doing this." I slide my back against the wall until I am sitting down. He sits beside me and forces me to lay his head on my chest.

"I promise, I won't let him hurt you. Brianna I am so-" he stops his sentence. I look up to him to see a tear fall down his face.

"He gave you that scar didn't he?" I shudder.

Chris bites him lip and looks away. I then knew why he was doing this, he had no choice. That terrified me.

Chris didn't make me watch anymore of that video. The video that will haunt me every night. I knew then, I was going to die.