Introduction

Our hands dropped entering the opening of the living room. Several people sat around the living room conversing amongst themselves. Including my mother, who sat on the biggest couch on the end. Mostly everyone in the room had the neutral warm smell of a beta but the dominant potent smell of an alpha was still lingering in the air.

Seven people were situated around the room, all set on couches and various pieces of furniture around the room. An older looking beta, of what I assume, was deeply engulfed in a conversation with my mom but two steps into the living room and all eyes were on us.

"Zolimry, you all done babe?" My mom got up from her seat on the couch and approached me.

"Um, yeah. We just finished." I said lowly, stepping closers to her where I felt safer in her personal space.

Her smell always made me a bit calmer and everyone was staring at me so intently. It felt like holes were burning through my flesh and bones.

"He looks a little flushed. Here come have a seat." The older beta ushered. My mom platantly agreed and the beta patted the seat next to her. I followed my mom back to the couch where I sat in the small space between the two women. The older beta crooned over me. Her faded black to grey hair rested over her shoulders. She smiled down at me. She stuck a ringed hand out to me. Literally every finger on her hand had a ring on it, in the middle of each ring a red ruby was placed.

"Its very nice to finally meet you. Everybody's been talking their heads off about the new omega. I'm Madeline."

I shook her hand. "Zolimry."

Roderick sat in the chair in front of us next to a sleeping figure wrapped in a pink Hannah Montana blanket.

"Roderick, could you wake that boy up." Madeline asked with a hint of annoyance in her voice. "All he does is sleep and then wonders why he misses so much through out the day."

Roderick grinned and yanked the cover off the sleeping boy.

"Bruh, what the hell!"

His eyes were squinted but we're open enough to reveal green. He had freckles across his cheeks and nose. Messy black hair probably the result of his nap. He has the pheremones of an alpha but they're light and airy, like he's just presented. He looked to be about 14 or 15. That potent Alpha couldn't be him. It was too strong, especially for someone who's just presented.

"Give me the freakin' cover back." The boy groaned, reaching out to grab the cover back only for it to be pulled away by Roderick.

They did this a few times, Roderick happily annoying the boy, before he finally sat up. The boy furiously rubbed at his eyes.

"You're a dick, you know that."

"Watch your mouth boy!" The elder, Madeline, demanded.

The boy groaned and laid his head in his hands. "Ugh. Why can't I ever get some real sleep around here."

"You can sleep later." Madeline suggested, "but now is the time to be polite and introduce yourself to your new pack mate."

He practically jumped out of his seat out of eagerness. It was kind of adorable. "Seriously? Where?!" He scanned the room at first, looking everywhere but at me. Then he finally saw me.

"You're so slow." A beta girl sitting in the corner of the room, said. I looked at her, noticing the blue tips of her pitch black hair first.

"No way. But he's a guy." He said.

Confusion set on my face. To him I was apparently supposed to be a girl. On the inside maybe but the outside, I was as much of a boy as a boy can get. I seriously didn't know what to say but, "Umm...sorry. I didn't know I was supposed to be a girl."