Prologue-Friday, June 13, 2014

***

The night was still.

Dark shadows filled the glistening lake, as the campers smiled while several of them yawned. They weren't used to seeing evil; they were innocent souls.

Mike Davis, the Camp Crystal Lake counselor, smirked at the ten teenagers.

"You know why we're here. It is what you've noticed since we came here. Tonight is Friday the 13th; tonight is Jason's night. It started back in the summer of nineteen thirty-five when the camp was built; by the summer of nineteen forty-six, Jason Voorhees was born. For a decade, nothing bad happened; for a time, evil dominated the camp. When Jason drowned in the summer of nineteen fifty-seven when he was eleven, there was a rumor that he was dead; when the rumor of his mother, Pamela, dragged his body out of the freezing lake, no one saw them head into the deep, cold, woods where they had lived in a tin shack away from the counselors; by the time Jason was allegedly dead, Barry and his girlfriend, Claudette, were making out in the old barn. When they were murdered a year later on Friday, June 13, 1958, the eighteen year old campers were the first to die. After their deaths, Camp Crystal Lake was closed. In the summer of nineteen seventy-eight, twenty-eight year old Steve Christy financed a lot of money to re-open the camp after a series of arson attacks in the early sixties. He was killed along with the new camp counselors; Alice Hardy, Steve's twenty-one year old girlfriend and artist, survived after she killed Pamela Sue Voorhees on the beach. Pamela, then forty-nine, took revenge on the campers for her son's drowning, died. In August of nineteen seventy-nine, she was murdered by Jason in her own home, as she recovered from her harrowing ordeal; in September of that year, Alice's parents put the home on the market for three hundred dollars. Because of the low price, not many people brought the murder house. And, as a consequence, it was demolished. When Paul Holt, a friend of Steve's, set up a counselor training center near the camp in the summer of nineteen eighty, a year later, he, and his psychology trained girlfriend, Ginny Field, became the new counselors. Paul, who was twenty-four, and Ginny, who was twenty-two, knew that Camp Crystal Lake was a place that was doomed from the beginning; the counselor training center was a place for young people to have experience, have fun, and make out; the campers were eager. Sadly everyone died except Ted Harris, a eighteen year old camper in town who pretended to be Jason during a campfire tale, survived Jason's attack, leaving Paul and Ginny to go back to the camp. When Jason attempted to kill them, Paul was knocked unconscious; Ginny pretended to be Jason's mother. And, in the end, she was taken by ambulance to Crystal Lake Hospital; Paul was taken by another ambulance where they both recovered. In short, Camp Crystal Lake and the counselor training center was left eerily silent. But if the locals thought that the death curse left anyone scared, they were wrong". Mike sipped some water, before he continued his story.

***

"In the summer of nineteen eighty, sixteen year old Chris met Jason as she was attacked at night while she slept under an oak tree. Her parents fought with their daughter after her date with Rick Anderson, her seventeen year old boyfriend. Afterwards, she vowed to go back to Higgins Haven, a campground near Camp Crystal Lake in nineteen eighty-two. Jason murdered Rick, her friends, and three bikers. And, as she was taken away by ambulance, the nightmare was over. Of course, in town, a couple named Edna and Harold Loan, who was thirty-six, were murdered by Jason. Their deaths was unknown; Sheriff Tierney, Deputy Dodd, and Officer Jon Dorf, closed Camp Crystal Lake down, along with the counselor training center. In the summer of nineteen eighty-three, the Jarvis family moved into a house near Camp Crystal Lake. Eleven year old Tommy Jarvis, his sixteen year old sister Trish, and their mother Carol Jarvis, forty, lived there on the cheap; Fred Jarvis, Carol's forty year old husband, died in a car accident in town. His death was terrible, and Tommy begun to see more horror movies to cope with his father's death. In the summer of nineteen eighty-four, the body of Jason Voorhees was taken to the Crystal Lake Morgue. He killed a doctor and a female nurse. He killed a girl hitch hiker named Becky, who was fifteen. Then he came back to the familiar woods where yet more teenage campers were arriving to have fun, smoke dope, and make out. In the end, Jason murdered them, and Trish. And Carole Jarvis. Rob Dier, the twenty year old brother of Sandra Dier, went hunting for Jason in the woods. He, and Trish, tried to kill him. In the end, Tommy was left traumatized. He was twelve years old. Because of his experience, he went to Pinehurst Mental Health facility near Camp Crystal Lake. There, Matthew Letter, thirty-eight, and Pam Roberts, thirty-two, they took care of the campers, Billy Hansen, the thirty-five year old ambulance driver took Tommy to the facility. He, and waitress Lana Norton, twenty-six, were also killed. Sheriff Cal Tucker, the fifty year old sheriff, and Deputy Charles Dodd, thirty, wanted Pinehurst shut down. Ethel Hubbard, and her son, Junior, the neighbors, openly opposed of the camp. When Joey Harding was killed by Victor Jonas Faden, he was taken away by the Sheriff, and everyone. After paramedic Roy Harding saw his son dead, he pretended to be Jason Voorhees. In the end, thirteen year old Tommy Jarvis was blamed. In the end, Pam Roberts, Reggie, a twelve year old African-American boy whose Grandfather George, was the camp's cook, survived. When it turned out that Roy was the killer blaming Jason for the deaths, Tommy went into hiding. A year later, on Friday the 13th, 1986, fourteen year old Tommy Jarvis and Allen Hawes dug up the body of Jason. When Jason killed Allen, he attempted to tell Sheriff Garris. But, to his shock, he was jailed. He had help when he, and Megan Garris, the fourteen year old camper, survived with the group of campers. In the summer of nineteen eighty-seven, Camp Crystal Lake was silent. The reason it was called 'Camp Blood' was the death curse that spread fear to everyone in Connecticut. By nineteen eighty-eight, seventeen year old Tina Shepard, who was telekinetic, fought Jason Voorhees. She was abused by her mother, and Doctor Crews, a middle-aged psychiatrist. In the end, as more campers died at Camp Crystal Lake, Tina blamed herself for rising Jason out of the lake, where he drowned two years ago. By nineteen eighty-nine, Jason left Camp Crystal Lake and went aboard a cruise ship bound from Connecticut to New York. As the campers, and counselors were attacked, (and other people too), the nightmare of Camp Blood continued. In the end, Jason stowed away on the ship, and headed back to Connecticut. In the summer of nineteen ninety through to nineteen ninety-two, Camp Crystal Lake was silent. No one came to Camp Blood; no one. By the summer of nineteen ninety-three, the Federal Bureau of Investigation sent agents to kill Jason, as a new group of campers arrived to make out. Creighton Duke, a middle-aged bounty hunter, and others, attempt to take Jason to Hell. In the end, the hockey masked killer was shot to death. In the end, Jason was killed. He's dead. So, as I close the story, I want to let everyone to know that we're safe, and there's nothing to worry about".