Chapter One-Friday, June 13, 2015

***

The nightmares didn't occur until Tyler knew that the campers fled Camp Crystal Lake. They were bothered by the eerie silence; they were bothered by the birds in the night sky. All of the campers, (and counselors), were determined not to wonder about the so-called death curse; all of the terror filled nights in which the campers stayed at the camp; all of the times Tyler thought that the evil killer Jason Voorhees was, indeed, dead.

He imagined the friends were glad to leave.

He wanted to deal with the news that the horror of Camp Blood. Last year was the worst thing to happen to him; last year was where evil lurked in the dark shadows, as Mike had had told his tale, eager to warn everyone that Jason was, indeed, dead.

Sadly, and violently, Camp Crystal Lake's most feared killer had had returned during a brief thunder storm.

And, as he closed his tired eyes, the nightmare ended.

***

It was ninety degrees.

The June heat in summer was hot.

Tyler gazed at the van.

"Are you going to Camp Crystal Lake?", his mother asked.

"Yes", he answered.

"Jason is dead".

"I'm sure the Sheriff...", Tyler shivered.

"The Sheriff killed Jason. He's not alive. The nightmares are just that: nightmares". She kissed her son, as he shook his head.

"Everyone will be there, Mom".

"And you're going because you're scared of the camp".

"Yes, but I need to get pass the nightmares, Mom. It's been a year now. It's good for me to think that I can move on from my ordeal".

"And you will be. Look, there's Tim".

Tyler stared out of the window.

Tim Harrow the sixteen year old driver of a orange van, smiled.

"Come on, Tyler", he said.

"Okay", Tyler smiled. He picked up his luggage, hugged his mother, then opened the front door. Tyler waved his hands, as Tim stopped driving.

"I thought you wouldn't come", Tim stated.

"It'll be good for you to meet the new campers. The van is new. I got my license last month". Tim smirked; Tyler noticed the doors were open.

And, as he got inside, Tim closed it.

Then he drove away to Camp Crystal Lake before the weather changed.

***

The old man stared at the van.

Tim stopped in his tracks.

He got out, and sighed.

"You're doomed if you go to Camp Blood", Oliver Haze, the old timer, warned.

"We're not going through with that now, Oliver", Tim said.

"He is alive", Oliver stated.

"He's dead", Tim said.

"Be warned", Oliver said.

And Oliver walked around the van. He  walked down the ash road.

And, as he reached the Diner, Tim continued to drive towards Camp Crystal Lake.

***

Hillary Place, who was walking along the bridge, was surrounded to the arches. Like Annie Phillips, the camper's cook way back in the summer of nineteen seventy-nine, she was determined not to think that the horror of Friday the 13th hadn't affected her; she was an eighteen year old camper who wanted to experience camping away from her parents. They were overly cautious when she announced to them that she was going to camp. "You'll never survive ", her mother stated; her dad wasn't going to say anything.