This is the Beginning of The End

The hum of a generator could be heard from outside the window as Richthofen and Dr. Schuster talk about the next course of action.
"Richthofen, we've done all the testing and calibrations required for human testing, the only thing we need now is a willing test subject to take the trip."
Richthofen face showed he was pondering the dilemma but, almost a soon as the problem presented itself, an idea flashed before his own eyes.
"No need for that Dr. Schuster," Richthofen said with unwavering confidence, "allow me to be the first test subject!"
A look of fear spread across Dr. Schuster's face as he contemplated what Richthofen said. "What if something goes wrong Richthofen? We can't afford to lose your genius, you know more then anybody that group 935 needs to be restored back to its original philosophy and we'll need a leader. Don't throw all that away just because of your pride!"
But Richthofen would have none of that as he took a step in the teleporter. The noises of the multiple generators were overwhelming but it didn't matter. Richthofen turned to his friend and saw the deep sadness in Schuster's face.
"It's alright Schuster, it's only a few feet and the teleporter has proven successful many times before. I'll be back before you know it!"
With that, the teleporter door closed and the very idea of time had stopped. That was the day everything went wrong. The beginning of the madness and pain. From that day on, Richthofen wouldn't know any fear and wouldn't know pain. His genius, although still with him, was tampered with and turned evil. How? Well, let's see for ourselves!