Chapter 2

One day Faith decided to ask her friends about Hope, at first they were silent, but then they told Faith that Hope wasn't always like that, that she used to smile and laugh and throw party's on her birthday but then one day she stopped and no one knew why, her smile used to light up the room and make everyone around her feel happy but now, just darkness. After Faith's friends said that, Faith spent her time thinking about what might have happened, some rumors say she was abused by her parents and other say her parents died. Faith cried at the thought of being alone, she thought of how she would feel if her parents were gone, and Hope saw her tears. Before anyone could say something, Hope went up to Faith and said "I know you've been searching for my past, but some things aren't meant to be found" then she walked away and Faith stopped crying. Some things aren't meant to be found? What did she mean? After school Faith decided to follow Hope to her house, to find out what she meant, and when she did, she saw something no one would expect, Hope lived in an old abandoned building that got torn down when the owners couldn't pay the bill. Faith followed Hope inside and into a room with two boxes and small picture frames behind them in middle of the room. When Hope got done in that room, Faith went in and saw the boxes, in the picture frame behind one box was a woman and behind that other was a man, but when Faith opened the boxes, there was nothing, it was empty, suddenly Hope came in and the only words she said was "those are my parents" after that, Hope explained her curse to Faith, but Faith didn't understand, she thought of Hope's curse as a blessing, Hope could have anything but instead she chose to have nothing, Faith asked Hope why she doesn't use her powers for good like for getting a new home or to be rich, but Hope looked down, all she said was that she didn't deserve it, after all she did, she didn't deserve to get all she wanted, hearing that made Faith rethink everything. She cried and cried, thinking how it would be without parents, without love. As Faith cried, Hope watched as the tears fell, wondering how it feels to cry. Hope reached her arm to Faith and wiped a tear off her cheek "don't cry for me, I can't cry with you" Faith looked up, then hugged Hope. Hope's eyes grew wide, she wanted to cry, but she couldn't, she hasn't been hugged since she was a child, she missed hugs "I'll always be here for you" Faith said. Then as Faith left Hope's house, she waved good bye. Hope felt happy, for the first time in a long time and she fell asleep with a smile on her face. The next day Hope woke up, threw on some clothes, then opened the door "good morning Hope" Faith said as she stood in front of the door, then Hope smiled and they walked to school. For the first time Hope walked to school with someone, she smiled on the way to school. When she got to school everyone was shocked, her smile hasn't been seen for years, until now. Inside people greeted her and didn't avoid her, she wasn't used to the attention but she didn't mind it, it felt like how it was years ago, everyone surrounding her with smiles and greeted her with happiness. I would say everyone liked her, but I would be wrong, not everyone liked Hope and not everyone was happy with her new popularity, the ones that were happy surrounded her, the one's that weren't, glared at her and whispered many things. The next day Hope was still happy and Faith still stuck by her, Hope belonged had her own place, and that place was next to Faith. Faith saw a different world through Hope's eyes and Hope saw a different world through Faith's.