Chapter 11

Chapter 11

“So what happened when you went after Rebecca last night?” Remy asked when I walked into the closet in the morning to find something to wear.

“She’s having a tough time adjusting to all of it.  I can’t blame her really.  It must be tough for her.  I mean, that was a lot to take in one dream.  And then there was the whole Tyler thing,” I said.

“What did she say about that?” Remy asked.

I laughed.  “She loves him whether she’ll admit it to herself or not.  I know she does,” I said.

“Even I think she does,” Remy said.  “I wonder what Tyler thinks about everything.  And why did he disappear so fast?  He had nothing to be embarrassed about.”

I grabbed a shirt off of a hanger.  “I don’t think he’s that embarrassed about that very much now.  Not after he snuck in and listened to mine and Rebecca’s conversation.”

“Really?” Remy laughed.  “And she didn’t even realize he was there?”

“I guess not.  But when she left, I felt someone behind me, and there he was, smiling,” I said. 

“I bet he didn’t even realize what he was going to hear when he snuck into that dream.  But I think he was glad he did,” Remy said. 

“Yeah, I think so.  I just wonder if it’s going to be awkward today at school.  Or even tonight when we go out,” I said.

“We totally need to make sure they sit beside each other both at dinner and at the movie,” Remy said.  “I love playing match maker.”

“It’s not really playing match maker when the two people are destined to be together,” I said.

“Well, someone has to bring those two people together, don’t they?” she asked.

“You really didn’t bring them together.  I did.  I was the one who introduced them,” I said.

“Can’t you just let me pretend?” Remy asked with one hand on her hip. 

“Okay,” I laughed.  “If it wasn’t for you and your hate for Rebecca, I wouldn’t have gotten up from the table that first day and walked over to her with Carlee beside me.  Are you happy now?”

“Yes, I am,” she said, turning to look for her own clothes.  “And I don’t really hate her anymore.  Now that I kind of got to know her, she kind of seems normal.”

“I told you,” I said, slipping on my shirt. 

The door bell rang downstairs and I heard the door open.  It had to be Will.  And when I came down, he was sitting at the kitchen table, talking to my mom. 

“Hi,” I said, smiling.  “Why are you here so early?”

“I am?” he asked.  “I didn’t see what time it was when I left.”

“Will tells me that you guys are going out tonight,” Mom said.

“Oh yeah.  The first week of school has been so hectic that I totally forgot,” I said.  “We’re not doing anything, are we?”

“Oh, no.  Your dad and I are going to dinner down in Atlanta.  It would be nice if you girls went out, too.  That way you wouldn’t be left here, doing nothing.” 

“Good, because we kind of already made the plans,” I said.

“Let’s hit the road,” Remy said, coming through the kitchen doorway.  “It’s the first Friday of the school year and we need to celebrate that we’ve made it a week.  There’s going to be tons of them.”