Chapter 1

Sakura wiped off the sweat on her brow as she signed the last document and put it in the cabinet. She leaned back and the chair squeaked. Her eyes closed in exhaustion, her mind went to time, she spoken to her beloved Team 7.

'It's been three years....'

Sakura smiled, sadly, 'It has, hasn't it? I wonder how they're doing....'

'You think they miss us?' Inner's voice sounded hopeful.

'I wonder...' She trailed off, not wanting to break Inner's hope.

'Hey,' Inner brightened up, 'Didn't Tsunade said that they're coming back soon?'

Sakura blinked, 'She did? when? I don't remember hearing her say that.'

Inner rolled her eyes, 'Of course you didn't. You were lost in your thoughts as usual.'

Sakura shrugged, 'I don't usually listen all her drunk rambling. I'm a busy woman.'

Inner was about to retort, but the office door was slammed opened and Came in Shizune.

"Sakura, you're done?" She inquired, setting the pile of files on her desk, "Can you please sign them too?"

Sakura eyed the pile with disdain, "Do they have to be sign today?" Her tone was dripping in displeasure.

Shizune gave her sympathetic smile, "Yes, Tsunade-sama need them tonight."

Sakura resist an urge to bang her head on the desk. Instead she plastered a convincing but fake smile and nodded at the dark haired woman, "I'll get it done before tonight." She said.

Shizune smiled and left the office and Sakura started signing them. It was almost dark as she signed the last page. Finally finishing, she threw the pen on the desk stretched. A sign of satisfaction left her pink lips as she heard the 'pop' sound from her aching shoulders. She slide her chair backwards and stood up. Collecting the files, she made her way to Shizune's office.

She was about to open the door, when she heard talking. Deciding that she should come later when she is free, She turned around and started to walk away.

"-nd how are we going to inform Sakura?" Sakura's feet stilled at Shizune's voice.

'Inform me what?' She wondered, glancing at the closed door briefly.

"Just tell her, I'm sure she'll understand, Shizune.." Tsunade's voice sounded uncertain.

"No, Tsunade-sama. Her team has always been a touchy subject. We can't just drop the bomb on her saying that 'Sakura-chan, You're team 7 is coming back and They're also bringing Sasuke-!'"

THUD

Silence

Green eyes were wide in disbelief as her hands were shaking. The files were scattered on the Hospital floor. Her heart was beating loudly and she could swear it's going to jump out of her chest. All the old wounds were opened.

Sakura was in so much shock that she didn't hear the office room open nor Shizune's frantic voice asking her if she is okay. Her emerald eyes rolled back and all she saw was darkness.

When Sakura woke up, she was on the Hospital bed, No, there was no machine or IV connected to her. In fact, she was in her Red top and black cropped pants. Her lab coat was removed.

She sat up and blinked. All the memories came to her. Her eyes were unfocused and breathing was fast.

'Look who's up...' Cooed Inner.