17| the truth.

Bahja.
SEPTEMBER 7; 7:00PM.

"What are you doing here? It's late, shouldn't you be home?"

Zonnique unexpectedly decided to show her face to my house. I don't know why though. I stepped aside and let her in. She looked at me showing the obvious look of annoyance.

"I need to talk to you and Daniel both. As much as I don't want to, I have to."

I nodded. "I'll go get him. You can go sit in the living room."

She nodded and I walked upstairs into my bedroom. Mia was in her crib asleep and Daniel was on the bed watching a movie. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Come sit down, you almost missed all the good parts."

"Zonnique is downstairs and she wants to talk to both of us."

He looked completely shocked and couldn't find words to say. He just nodded and got up from the bed. We both walked back downstairs and into the living room. We sat on the couch across from her.

"Is everything alright? Are the kids okay?" He asked.

She nodded. "Everything is alright. I wanted to squash this so called beef that we have." She looked at me. "There's no point of it anymore and it's gone extremely too far. In my opinion, calling my kids problematic isn't necessary they haven't done anything to you. Yes, my son does have a heart condition so that doesn't make him a problem. It's just that he needs his parents more. And on top of all this Mia is their sister. I don't want Logan and Zion growing up hating her because, me and you can't get along. I don't even see why you hate me so much, you have everything I used to want. You married my first love for crying out loud! What else could you possibly be mad about?"

Hearing all of that come from her mouth almost made me cry. I was speechless for words this first time ever. I didn't even have a smart remark to say to her. There was a good moment of silence before I finally found what to say.

I sighed. "In all honesty, I was jealous of the relationship y'all have and still do have. My whole plan was to destroy y'all relationship, of course I felt bad about doing it but, it's what I wanted to do. When he told that he still has feelings for you, I felt like he didn't want me anymore. So, I had weak moment and didn't know what to do. Then, there was that car accident situation, I knew he needed you. But, when he was with you I realized I needed him even more. The easiest way to break you down was to go for your kids and I'm truly sorry about that. Your right, they didn't do anything wrong. Marrying Daniel was the only way I knew I could top you, I know you wanted this badly and I just took it from you. I'm sorry Zonnique. I really am sorry, this time."

Tears fell from her tears meanwhile, Daniel looked at me in pure shock. Zonnique was my best friend and we promised we wouldn't let a boy come in between us. Unfortunately, that is what happened and it happened in the worst way. I didn't think things would turn out this way but, this is definitely a lesson learned.

She wiped her tears. "I don't want to say I accept your apology yet. Before this turns all happy and stuff, I want to take this pregnancy test in front of y'all. Well not in front of y'all but, here so you can see and not think I'm lying."

"Uh, okay. The bathroom is down the hall to your right."

She nodded and got out of the couch and went into that direction. I turned my head and looked at Daniel who was even more shocked.

"How many times did you fuck her? I know it can't be from that one time."

"Sometimes all it takes is one time but, it isn't from that one time. The second time was that night after my show that I invited her to. It was in the heat of the moment and it just felt right at that time. And, I'm just realizing that I did cheat and didn't tell you."

"Wow."

Maybe I should just let him go, it's been clear enough that he loves her way more. They should be together, they belong together. She walked from out of the bathroom with the test wrapped in a paper towel.

"I haven't looked at it. I just wrapped it in this paper towel afterwards." She sat down on the couch and placed it in her lap. "A moment of silence until five minutes."

7:22PM.

"It's time." She sighed and unraveled the paper towel and picked the test up. "Well, I guess my mother was right. I'm pregnant."

Daniel placed his hands in his head and then looked to me. "I'm sorry." He looked back to Zonnique. "What are we going to do?"

"I don't need you to do anything except come to the doctor appointments and buy a few things every now and then. Everything else I can do on my own. Just be there for this child, don't have a repeat of last time." She turned to me. "Bahja, I'm sorry. I never wanted this to happen again honestly. But, things do happen for a reason. What this reason was? I don't know."

I nodded and held back some tears. "You don't need to apologize. I think this was a second chance for you both. It's clear as day that you two need to be together. You just have to work things out with each other." I slid the ring that was on my finger off and threw it on the table. "This is just until things are figured out between you two."

"Wow." He said. "I'm going to try my best and understand why your doing this but, okay. And, Zonnique I will be there for this one. Every doctors appointment, I will be there. There's a change that's going to happen."

She nodded. "Alright, that's cool. I'm going to let you guys finish enjoying your night." She stood up from the couch. "See you later."

I stood up also and walked her to the door. I closed the door behind her after she left. I stood in the middle of the hall and looked at Daniel who was still in the living room. He looked like he didn't know what to do. I didn't have much to say to him so, I just walked upstairs and got into bed. Things happen for a reason and I'm not going to intervene in anything this time around. I'll just lay low...

--

8+ DETAILED COMMENTS UNTIL NEXT CHAPTER.

1. how do you personally feel now knowing why bahja was being hateful towards zonnique?
2. thoughts? feelings? rant (only if this chapter pissed you off lol)

FIVE chapters left.

yeah, yeah. two updates in a day, cause this book is my fav.