four

dear diary,

he asked for my number today.

it would seem as though he never seems to disappoint,

each conversation i have with him bringing a new surprise.

but of course,

i wasn't complaining.

---

school is stressful.

especially when you have hagwon after two hour-long periods of self-study before you go home.

i mean, a majority of the time we spend our self-study periods talking to each other,

as it's basically the only excuse of a social life we can come up with.

sitting in my last class before dinner period, japanese,

i contemplated signing up for a sports club.

i mean, all those kimchi pancakes and kalguksu have to go somewhere.

the idea of any type of club, however, is impossible in itself.

sighing in frustration, i rung my slender fingers through my hair.

guess that's a no for further physical exercise.

scanning the homework tasks on the board,

i scribbled the errands and due dates down in my planner,

before placing all my stationary back in my bag.

seeing as the bell was always a certain twelve seconds late,

i glared at my watch as they ticked by to the certain time,

wrapping my fingers around the hook of my bag just as the clang of the bell sounded.

rushing out of the classroom, i began to hastily walk towards the dining hall.

i focused my eyes on my black leather loafers as they skidded across the linoleum floors, avoiding eye contact as i felt my stomach rumble.

knowing the path to the cafeteria off by heart, i was just turning into the entrance when i felt my backpack being tugged backwards, pulling me with it.

stopping abruptly, i looked up, meeting dark brown eyes and a dimple deeper than my memory, formed by a pink lipped grin.

"yeoboseyo, _," he spoke my name in a whisper, the fluorescent lights glinting in the corners of his eyes.

"oh, joh-eun nal, lay-ssi," i bowed a few degrees forward before looking at him with a small smile.

a sudden urge to hug him took over me as his bottom lip pushed into a pout, his eyebrows pulling to meet in between, but i refrained myself from performing the action.