Chapter 11

Enjoy! :D

-------------------------------

Chapter 11

I couldn’t see anything, for a minute I saw everything black. You know when your brain shuts down, and doesn’t respond for a moment that is exactly what happened to me before I heard the back door being knocked down.

Jumping back in fright, I looked around to see who was shot.

It was Amy’s father, and looking the opposite direction it was Luke who had fired the shot. My mind still hadn’t corresponded what had happened by I manage to grip onto my gun, Daniel stood there stunned as me but his expression was more of hurt and confusion like someone was playing a sick joke.

But it was the truth and he had to face it, and I was certain he couldn’t cope with it after all his ‘true’ love had betrayed him.

“Drop the gun Amy,” Luke ordered here, but she didn’t instead she let out a hearty laugh.

“What is this, a fucking family reunion?” her grip on the gun hardened and Nate was enclosed by two of Amy’s men, luckily Sophie was opposite me so I nodded to her giving her a signal. A look of confusion crossed her face before she understood and nodded back, swallowing hard I look to see that the guys had landed some blows on Nate already, he was on the floor with Amy pointing her gun at his head.

Mum please give me the strength to do this right.

Remember don’t die just yet, I silently told myself moving slowly forward.                                                    

Giving Sophie a signal I moved swiftly, kicking the one of the man in his back and pulling the gun out before I fired. Sophie did the same thing but a bit faster than me, Amy moved a lot more closer to Nate crouching down and levelling the gun in front of his heart.

“One more step and he dies,” she said, her hands were shaking and her eyes were bloodshot.

Damn, I wasn’t the one to talk either blood was all over my dress and it was partly ripped from the bottom that came just above my knees but I stood there not breaking my eye contact with her. All that could be heard were Nate’s heavy breathing, c’mon someone do something I willed them with my eyes but everyone stood still.

“Daniel sign the goddamn papers,” she ordered, one of her men came up behind her and took her position while she walked dragging all the attention with her of everyone in the room towards Daniel.  Luke sent me and Sophie and eye contact to deal with the guy in front of Nate, we blinked back in response.

1

Everyone stayed still. Amy was with five feet of Daniel pointing the gun to his heart, asking one more time, “Sign the papers Daniel, I’m losing my patience.”

2

Daniel stared back at her, his eyes drain of emotion and left grey, empty with nothing left in them to live for.

3

We moved, another shot was fired but this time I couldn’t see who was shot. Sophie shot the guy in front of Nate I ran forward rushing to Nate side.

Flinging his arm on one of my shoulders, propping his weight on my right side I dragged his beaten body out of the room towards the parking lot following Sophie who still held the gun tightly in her hand, only two more steps and I was praying that nobody could see us. Lying Nate in the back seat, I hopped in at the back with him trying to wake him up but his ribs were badly bruised.

“What about Luke?” I asked when Sophie revved up the car, she didn’t respond but once we got out of the street she sighed loudly,

“Don’t worry, they’re gonna be fine,” she reassured me but for someone reason I doubted it someone was shot and I didn’t know who. I wanted to know if Luke was safe, heck I couldn’t deny the fact that I wanted to hug Daniel in joy that he was alive and I didn’t bother anymore.