10th String - This Is Why I Hate Social Gatherings

Played By Strings of Fate

[10th String]

-This Is Why I Hate Social Gatherings-

I slammed the door to Clark's Ferrari irritated after I had seated myself in the backseat. Not even the sounds of Audrye could calm me down. I crossed my arms over my chest and glared at the passenger seat in front of me.

I can't believe I spoke without thinking again. I agreed to a stupid date with the bloke who had pissed me off so much all those weeks ago. I almost wasn't able to see Thor 2 because of him!

Well, until Clark had told me that all cinemas were showing it...

"Whoa. You made her mad." Jesse spoke, staring at Clark in dismay.

Clark arched an eyebrow at him, "Me?" he asked incredulously, " You took her away from school."

"Because you told me to!" Jesse defended.

Clark shrugged, "I didn't actually think you'd listen."

Jesse frowned, "You were threatening me."

"I was only messing with you."

Jesse looked shocked, "You're a horrible person!" he insulted, as if that would faze Clark.

Clark shook his head and tilted his head so it was once again turned towards me.

"You okay?" he inquired.

"Yeah." I mumbled, adverting my gaze.

I was not okay. I'm very annoyed by the fact that I was going to do something against my will and it wasn't going to the party with Clark. I didn't mind so much now because I found else something I'd be dreading so much more.

A date with the pest.

It's not like I have to go. I can just ditch him and it's not like it'll make a difference because we don't know each other. I don't even know his name and I like it better that way. I can just call him 'pest'; whether it's inside my mind or out loud.

But then I would have to go back on my word and I don't want that. I've haven't been sticking to my words lately and I hate it. I hate having to prove myself wrong.

I told myself that I would never accept Clark again and look where that has taken me.

Even though I didn't mean to agree, I did and it's done.

And though I am still irritated, going on a date wouldn't cause anyone harm. I'm pretty sure he'd get annoyed by my personality and regret he ever asked me out and never talk to me again.

Yeah. That is exactly how things will unfold.

"You don't sound okay." Clark countered, giving me a worried look.

Jesse snorted, "Well duh, Captain Obvious!"

Clark snapped his head towards his manager and glared at him again, "I wasn't talking to you."

"Sure." Jesse said, shrugging.

"Just shut up Jesse."

"Don't wanna."

"You're so immature."

"Look who's talking."

"You're old even to be a father so you should act like it."

"But I'm not a father so I don't see the point."

"The point is that you act so childish all the time, it's not even funny."