Date-non-date//7

Knock knock knock!
I opened the door, revealing Grant in a denim button up over a gray shirt and dark jeans.
"Hi," I said with a smile, closing the door behind me as I stepped out towards him. "You look dapper."
He raised an eyebrow. "Dapper?"
"Shush," I quieted him, shoving his shoulder.
"You look cute yourself," he complimented. I felt my cheeks turn red. "Let's get going. I don't want to be late."

"Where are we going?" I asked, following him down the stairs towards his car, my hand in his in a casual but sweet manor.
"A secret place," he said opening the door for me before running over to the driver's side.

"I don't even get to know?"
He glanced at me with a smile and then pulled out of the parking space. "Nope."

He held my hand in his on the way to our mystery destination and we talked the entire drive. It wasn't awkward small talk, but it was a comfortable, flowing conversation. Finally, Grant stopped the car.

"What are we doing here?" I asked, looking at the docks and boats around us. Grant just smirked, grabbing my hand again and pulling me behind him. I looked at him in curiosity as he led me down the steps leading to the boats. My hand was tingly every time he touched it.

"Seriously, Grant, what are we doing here?" I asked again, laughing, as he offered me his hand to help me onto the boat he stopped in front of.

"Would you just trust me?" he asked in amusement, shaking his head. I stared at him for a second, my palm pausing in the air above his. My eyes narrowed in a teasing manner, my lips rolling together.
"You're sketchy." Closing the distance between our palms, I pushed mine against his as I stepped over the gap between the dock and the large boat. He coughed out a laugh, following behind me.
I walked around to the front of the boat, my hand trailing the railing. I looked over my shoulder,  and saw Grant talking quietly to a man in a captain's hat. They shook hands and the man disappeared into a small door. I felt the stir of the engine beneath my feet as Grant walked over to me. The boat slowly pulled out of it's spot, causing me to jerk back slightly into the railing.

"A boat ride?" I questioned, tilting my head back to look at Grant who now stood in front of me, resting one of his hands on the railing beside my waist. He just smiled down on me, his knee bumping into mine as we sped up. The space between us was small, but large enough. I had a feeling if this wasn't just our second date it would've been smaller yet, but for now I was content with it.

His tongue slowly traced his lips and his eyes never left mine. Slowly, I shook my head, causing my hair to bounce around my face.
"You are somethin' else, Gustin."

>*<

"Delete the picture, Grant!" I whined, reaching for the camera that he held above his head out of my reach. Dang tall people. He laughed, watching me reach and struggle. I had to set down my drink so as to not spill it in this futile attempt.
"You look cute!" he argued, pushing a hand on my shoulder to hold me even farther from the phone. I pressed my eyebrows together, my arms crossing over my chest as I stared at Grant. He laughed, snapping another picture of me.

"No!" I wailed, attempting again to get the phone. But his instincts were faster than mine and he had the phone held above his head, a stern yet silly look gleaming in his eyes. I let out a huff, throwing my hands up a little. "Fine, I give up."

He smirked in victory, leaning down so his face was level with mine. "You're cute when you get annoyed."

I narrowed my eyes at him, trying to stop the blush I felt on my cheeks already. "Then I must be adorable."
He laughed, typing away at his phone quickly, looking up at me every few seconds. "Oh, you are."
Once again, the blush spread across my cheeks, and I pushed a strand of my hair behind my hair in an attempt to hide with one of my hands, the other one pulling Grant's denim shirt closer to my body.