Chapter 4 - The Strange House on the Hillside

"How do you know my name?" Harmony asked in a frightened whimper. "I have know your name for three years," he replied. "That doesn't exactly answer my question," she countered,"how. Do. You. Know. My. Name?" She balled her hands into fists trying to control herself from shaking with fear.

     "I am your protector, your guardian if you will," he finally answered. "I have been watching you ever since you started junior high. You are in grave danger. You came at the right time."

     "Why do I need a protector?" she questioned. "Because" he said. "Why won't you give me any answers? I am not in danger! I didn't come here on purpose. I don't even know who you are!" she realized that by the end of the sentence she was yelling.

     "Calm down Harmony, I'm just following my instructions," he replied in a relaxed voice," Let's start with the small details first. The reason I am your protector is because you are special. You are a scientific miracle, and somebody is after you. Somebody very dangerous. They want to experiment on you, find out how you work."

     Harmony tried to take it all in. "Wow," she whispered, "I don't... It's just... Wow. Can I get some fresh air?" The man nodded,"I know it's a lot to take in."

     He guided her through the spy door into a small living room. He soon guided Harmony through another door into the fresh outside air, filled with the honey-like scent of those small purple flowers.

     And then all of a sudden, her "guardian" dropped to the ground behind her. Harmony felt a sharp pierce in her back, and once again she was falling into the field of small purple flowers while everything went black.