A Day Out

A/N: ayyyyeee guys so here's a short and fluffy one and it's basically them getting to know each once again since they've both been through a lot without one another.
Cool here we go
-----------------------
Third POV

Waking up with a start, Steve looks out the window at the bright sun-lit morning. Admiring the familiar buildings of the New York City sky line, he rolls out of bed and puts on his favorite blue tee shirt, casual gray khakis and his shoes. Grooming himself for a solid 10 minutes, Steve proceeds around the hall to check in on his sleeping friend. Hearing light snoring, Steve peeps his head through the door to see a sleeping Bucky Barnes snuggled with a Captain America teddy bear (how precious is this!?⬇️)

 Hearing light snoring, Steve peeps his head through the door to see a sleeping Bucky Barnes snuggled with a Captain America teddy bear (how precious is this!?⬇️)

Smiling, Steve takes out his phone and skillfully takes a nice picture of his sleeping Bucky. That's a keeper Steve thought, tucking his phone into his pocket.

Carrying on into the kitchen, Steve prepares breakfast and soon Bucky's feet can be heard patting across the tile floor. "Huh, who knew Captain America could cook?" A scruffy morning voice said. Giggling and turning to face Bucky, Steve did his best impression of Vanna White (A/N: Wheel-of-Fortune lady) to showcase the lovely breakfast he has prepared. "Oh wow, Steve! Thank you!" Bucky said, not used to such kind treatment. Sitting down to eat the pair sat in silence for a bit while munching on their food.

Deciding to break the silence, Bucky quietly asked Steve a question "so...what're we gonna do today?". Tilting his head, Steve simply answered "anything I guess? Maybe go out into the neighborhood, see if we can jog your old memory?" Nodding in agreement, Bucky continues to eat his breakfast with Steve.

*time skip brought to you by: (picture following)*

Strolling down their old neighborhood had indeed sparked a few memories for Bucky

Strolling down their old neighborhood had indeed sparked a few memories for Bucky. Well, two to be exact. The first one was when he had beat up an asshole that has picked on Steve. Bucky also remembered the apartment he and Steve had shared after Steve's mom had died

(A/N: RIP Sarah we all love you)

Steve was very glad his friend had remembered something this far. On their way home, Bucky noticed a dog following them. The dog kept hobbling along on her three little legs, but nonetheless kept up. Bending down to her level, Bucky offered up his hand so the dog could sniff him. Without hesitation the small dog brushed her face against his fingers, letting out a happy groan. Smiling, Bucky looked at Steve. "We should give her a home, what do ya think?" Bucky asked, gray eyes looking into small brown ones and seeing another lost soul looking for some kindness.

"...eh, are you sure Buck? A dog is a lot of work and--" Steve was cut off "I promise I'll take care of her! I mean, just look at 'er Steve, all alone in the world..." Bucky said, never taking his eyes off the little scruff ball. Steve smiled "alright, but we have to bring her to a vet to get shots and an ID". Smiling hugely, Bucky scoops up the dog and is immediately greeted by the dog's friendly tongue. "Oh ew gross..quit it !!" He continues to smile as he and Steve and the dog walk down the street.

-----
A/N: WOAH suck in a bucket i'm so sorry 
Anyways
REQUESTS!!!
Thanks,
~Samael