CHAPTER 6

Suddenly they had a good break.

A photofit was circulated to law enforcement agen-
cies nationwide and details of the second suspect in the case was released to the media. A WANTED flyer suddenly started appearing in shopping malls, fast food outlets, gas stations, and any place crowds were likely togather including sport stadiums. The photocopy even began appearing among the advertisements in cinemas and theatres. The hunt for Jahil was on in earnest.

Intelligence started flooding in. Known associates.

Possible accomplices. Faxes from Interpol. A report from an operative working for Israeli Intelligence - the Mossad. Several reports from the FBI. Another from Homeland Security. A known associate of Jahil, one Adi Batul, was missing from his usual haunts. Within hours they had his photofit, a full description and a list of known aliases,and the information was dispatched to all HPD details.

Mano assigned 'The Seeker' to chase down Batul.

They called him 'The Seeker' because he was good at
seeking out things. Missing persons, felons on the loose, and obscure clues in investigations. He was a popular cop because of his uncanny ability to unearth the truth, no matter the circumstances. He was native to the islands, having grown up in Maui, and by the time he finished his training in the academy he had also secured a 2.1 honours in criminal psychology. He was as smart as
they come. And then some.

He was known too as Kamakani -an original Hawaiian name meaning the wind. Like the wind, you couldn't always see 'The Seeker' coming. In a way that made him a dangerous man in his own right, and not one to be trifled with.

Kamakani hit the streets of Honolulu armed with
his phonebook. His phonebook was a top of the range Samsung smartphone that stored contact details for people all over the island of Oahu including his bank of confidential informants. The CI's were pumped hard for information but none provided any knowledge of any real benefit.

'The Seeker' turned his attention elsewhere. He notified police units all over the islands to 'flag'any unusual crimes and report them immediately to Mano's office.

That one act alone was enough to prove pivotal to
the case they were working upon.

Kamakani didn't know that as yet, however.